Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Does the KIA car brand name bother you?

View Poll Results: Does the KIA car brand name bother you?
Poll Options:
Yes. But not enough to prevent my buying one if I liked it. 6 votes (7.32%)
Yes. I'd never own one due to the name. 12 votes (14.63%)
No. I assign no negative thoughts to the name. 50 votes (60.98%)
No. I recognize the similarity but I'm neither superstitious nor conspiratorial. 12 votes (14.63%)
Hmmm. I didn't know about this but will give it some thought. 2 votes (2.44%)
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll
Does the KIA car brand name bother you? (Page 6)
Kevin
Baninated
Aug 30, 2007, 07:05 AM

About everything else.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 30, 2007, 08:16 AM

Me.

design219
Professional Poster
Aug 30, 2007, 08:19 AM

Threads that wont die a natural death.

And people who don't put quotes in their replies from a previous page so people have to go back and see what they are talking about.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 30, 2007, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by design219 View Post
Threads that wont die a natural death.
Oh, you love it.

Heh!
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

Railroader
Banned
Aug 30, 2007, 10:41 PM

I hope this thread is not KIA.

I kill myself sometimes.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2007, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
I hope this thread is not KIA.
I hope not.

I kill myself sometimes.
I hope never.
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2007, 09:49 AM

Yes. But not enough to prevent my buying one if I liked it. 6 votes (8.11%)
Yes. I'd never own one due to the name. 11 votes (14.86%)
Well, the scientific results are still coming in and so far almost 25% of the respondence agree with me.

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 1, 2007, 07:30 AM

And you take that number, and then subtract about 10 people that voted against you just because they have chips on their shoulders, and you'd get about 45%

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2007, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by abe View Post
Well, the scientific results are still coming in and so far almost 25% of the respondence agree with me.
25% of 75 people from a highly homogeneous sample group; males aged 20-40, many of whom wouldn't consider purchasing a Kia regardless of the company's name.

Your survey isn't very scientific. Scientific would be to have a much more random sample of people closer to Kia's target market; I'm not completely certain what that is, but I'm pretty sure it's not guys who talk about the latest computers, hot babes and gorgeous cars.

invisibleX
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2007, 10:46 AM

Why is this thread six pages?
-"I don't believe in God. "
"That doesn't matter. He believes in you."

-"I'm not agnostic. Just nonpartisan. Theological Switzerland, that's me."

design219
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2007, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by invisibleX View Post
That, officer, is the correct question.

Transmission ended.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 1, 2007, 12:00 PM

Because people keep posting some nonsense in it, and abe will personally respond to each and every post. Abe's threads stay open by shear brute force. As of right now, abe has 89 posts in this thread, followed by Kevin at 26. That should tell you something.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2007, 12:01 PM

It was blessed with abe's magic troll-genes.

-t

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 1, 2007, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
As of right now, abe has 89 posts in this thread, followed by Kevin at 26. That should tell you something.
That's it's a highly entertaining and thought provoking thread.

For those that have taken their party to the limit of course.
Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
t
Yes abe has the magic ability to make people post. I am all in awe of it.

He should use his powers to get someone to do his dishes..

Hey abe...

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2007, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Yes abe has the magic ability to make people post.
Obviously, but what's your point ?

-t

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2007, 07:03 PM

And you take that number, and then subtract about 10 people that voted against you just because they have chips on their shoulders, and you'd get about 45%

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2007, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
25% of 75 people from a highly homogeneous sample group; males aged 20-40, many of whom wouldn't consider purchasing a Kia regardless of the company's name.

Your survey isn't very scientific. Scientific would be to have a much more random sample of people closer to Kia's target market; I'm not completely certain what that is, but I'm pretty sure it's not guys who talk about the latest computers, hot babes and gorgeous cars.
Most of those people besides Doofy and Railroader and Kevin and sek929 and Rumor, and a few others I'm forgetting, are just wannabe's. They talk hot computers, cars and babes but in that regard they're all 'cat' and no 'tle.' Why else is this thread so long? They are all current, former or future KIA owners.

And they can't stand me for talking bad about their car.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2007, 07:18 PM

Because people keep posting some nonsense in it, and abe will personally respond to each and every post. Abe's threads stay open by shear brute force. As of right now, abe has 89 posts in this thread, followed by Kevin at 26. That should tell you something.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2007, 07:20 PM

That, officer, is the correct question.

Transmission ended.
What, you mean in your KIA? That report belongs in another thread.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2007, 07:25 PM

-t
It's "Jeans."

And I wear them just for you.

So that would make you "magic."

Be proud and happy!

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2007, 07:27 PM

That's it's a highly entertaining and thought provoking thread.

For those that have taken their party to the limit of course.

Yes abe has the magic ability to make people post. I am all in awe of it.

He should use his powers to get someone to do his dishes..

Hey abe...
You get people wanting to give you back rubs. I think that's the better talent.

invisibleX
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2007, 08:18 PM

Most of those people besides Doofy and Railroader and Kevin and sek929 and Rumor, and a few others I'm forgetting, are just wannabe's. They talk hot computers, cars and babes but in that regard they're all 'cat' and no 'tle.' Why else is this thread so long? They are all current, former or future KIA owners.

And they can't stand me for talking bad about their car.
Finally got around to investigating this.. thread you call it? Sort of like sculpting a cake out of feces and then calling it desert.

So abe creates a thread about something so boring and droll that just reading the title makes me a tad sleepy. Of course nobody would think that Kia is related to KIA unless they were intimately familiar with both.. at which point you probably own a Kia anyway. Logically speaking this isn't exactly a masterpiece to begin with. Heck it was torn apart pretty much instantly.

Took a bit of sifting to figure out exactly what this was all about. Basically I gather Abe started this so that he could create a legitimate way of preaching and to some degree just trolling. I don't understand exactly why he was trolling or what it was about. I think he knew people disliked him so he adopted a certain condescending tone, did a lot of one-line friendly-ribbing-but-not-really, type posts to get things fired up.. without actually breaking any rules strictly speaking. Gotta wonder what kind of person thinks to themselves "I think I'll make an elaborate setup in order to troll this forum!".

Why I guess is the question I'm asking now. Particularly towards Kevin and Abe. Just for your amusement? To feel clever? Seems a bit masturbatory, which is exactly the word that describes most of your posts.

I'll never understand why people attempt to use forums for this. Beats me what "this" is. Trolling doesn't seem to cover it. Compulsive Masturbatory Posting? Self-gratification? Seems to be folks that never learned the age-old saying: If you have nothing good to say don't say anything at all.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2007, 09:30 PM

This thread is so ripe for lockination it's starting to smell bad.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2007, 09:43 PM

I think what this thread needs is some more stool samples.

-t

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2007, 10:07 PM

Finally got around to investigating this.. thread you call it? Sort of like sculpting a cake out of feces and then calling it desert.

So abe creates a thread about something so boring and droll that just reading the title makes me a tad sleepy. Of course nobody would think that Kia is related to KIA unless they were intimately familiar with both.. at which point you probably own a Kia anyway. Logically speaking this isn't exactly a masterpiece to begin with. Heck it was torn apart pretty much instantly.

Took a bit of sifting to figure out exactly what this was all about. Basically I gather Abe started this so that he could create a legitimate way of preaching and to some degree just trolling. I don't understand exactly why he was trolling or what it was about. I think he knew people disliked him so he adopted a certain condescending tone, did a lot of one-line friendly-ribbing-but-not-really, type posts to get things fired up.. without actually breaking any rules strictly speaking. Gotta wonder what kind of person thinks to themselves "I think I'll make an elaborate setup in order to troll this forum!".

Why I guess is the question I'm asking now. Particularly towards Kevin and Abe. Just for your amusement? To feel clever? Seems a bit masturbatory, which is exactly the word that describes most of your posts.

I'll never understand why people attempt to use forums for this. Beats me what "this" is. Trolling doesn't seem to cover it. Compulsive Masturbatory Posting? Self-gratification? Seems to be folks that never learned the age-old saying: If you have nothing good to say don't say anything at all.
For those who've followed the thread from the first post until now isn't it interesting to see the boundaries of another persons' perception and judgment? Thanks for allowing us to see things through your slightly skewed eyes. You aren't bad but you definitely aint seein 20/20.

Now that you've given us all a chance to see the true you, here's a chance for you to see yourself as we do.

Turn up your speakers and look into the mirror for about 40 seconds.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2007, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
This thread is so ripe for lockination it's starting to smell bad.
Nah, that's just pot smoke on your upper lip that you smell.

KIA owner, eh?

invisibleX
Mac Elite
Sep 2, 2007, 02:52 AM

For those who've followed the thread from the first post until now isn't it interesting to see the boundaries of another persons' perception and judgment? Thanks for allowing us to see things through your slightly skewed eyes. You aren't bad but you definitely aint seein 20/20.

Now that you've given us all a chance to see the true you, here's a chance for you to see yourself as we do.

I see what I see, and I don't think I'm the only one. I will never claim that I see through to the absolute truth of things (my post was more a question than an observation) because nobody can. The only way to see the whole of something is by sharing viewpoints.

You don't see me and I don't see you. The forum only lets us see what we choose to show. Will you show us a petty counter-statement or an explanation of your 76(?) posts? I guess we all know the answer.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2007, 03:06 AM

I posted because I had nothing else to do.

In this thread, this adds value.

-t

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2007, 03:55 AM

Kia bothers me.

Just kidding, no it doesn't, I don't care! Hahaha...

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2007, 03:58 AM

Well, it's nearly 4:00 AM here, so I'm going to bed.

Good night turtles....

Good night KIA thread....

Good night scary mirror picture...

Good night Abe...

Good night rest of MacNN....

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2007, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Well, it's nearly 4:00 AM here, so I'm going to bed.

Good night turtles....

Good night KIA thread....

Good night scary mirror picture...

Good night Abe...

Good night rest of MacNN....
Sweet dreams!

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2007, 05:52 AM

Kia bothers me.

Just kidding, no it doesn't, I don't care! Hahaha...
I can respect that position.

Just kidding, no I don't. I don't care! Hahaha...

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2007, 05:54 AM

I posted because I had nothing else to do.

In this thread, this adds value.

-t
Let's Get Physical - Olivia Newton-John

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2007, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by abe

I see what I see, and I don't think I'm the only one. I will never claim that I see through to the absolute truth of things (my post was more a question than an observation) because nobody can. The only way to see the whole of something is by sharing viewpoints.

You don't see me and I don't see you. The forum only lets us see what we choose to show. Will you show us a petty counter-statement or an explanation of your 76(?) posts? I guess we all know the answer.
Sorry, I'm busy masturbating to the responses in this thread.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 2, 2007, 12:26 PM

Nah, that's just pot smoke on your upper lip that you smell.

KIA owner, eh?
Smoke on my upper lip? Resin would have been more clever.

I own a GMC BTW.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 2, 2007, 01:35 PM

Sorry, I'm busy masturbating to the responses in this thread.
Finally, something that you've said that I can believe.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

irunat2am
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 2, 2007, 01:39 PM

Must...stop...commenting...on...this...thread... stop it.
24" iMac 2.16GHz c2d ~ 3G ram ~ 250G ~ Superdrive ~ Pure Sexiness
15" Powerbook G4 ~ 1.5GHz ~ 1.5G ram ~ 160G ~ Combo

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2007, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Smoke on my upper lip? Resin would have been more clever.

I own a GMC BTW.
It was a brain fart. GMC's are fine cars!

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 2, 2007, 01:42 PM

If only GMC made cars.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2007, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by OldManMac View Post
Finally, something that you've said that I can believe.
Water, or something, finds it's own level.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2007, 02:08 PM

If only GMC made cars.

I knew that, silly! I used to drive a GMC BTW!
( Last edited by abe; Sep 2, 2007 at 02:23 PM. )

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2007, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by irunat2am View Post
Must...stop...commenting...on...this...thread... stop it.

design219
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2007, 04:03 PM

I think the mods are not even looking anymore.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2007, 05:55 PM

Pluth Won !

-t

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2007, 05:58 PM

Hey Turtle, what does the 777 in your name symbolize?

I've figured out what the turtle part of your name symbolizes, it symbolizes turtles, but I can't figure out the 777 part.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2007, 06:04 PM

Hey Turtle, what does the 777 in your name symbolize?

I've figured out what the turtle part of your name symbolizes, it symbolizes turtles, but I can't figure out the 777 part.
It's just a number I like.

turtle666 would be bad-ass though

-t

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2007, 06:06 PM

It's just a number I like.

turtle666 would be bad-ass though

-t
I can't imagine you any more bad ass than you already are, what with all of those random turtle pictures looking so cool, and your attitude and everything.

I'm happy that we are friends.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2007, 06:19 PM

I can't imagine you any more bad ass than you already are, what with all of those random turtle pictures looking so cool, and your attitude and everything.

I'm happy that we are friends.
IF post = serious

THEN " Thanks "

ELSE
IF post = sarcastic

THEN " Thanks "

ELSE " Dude "

ENDIF

-t

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2007, 07:37 PM

I think the mods are not even looking anymore.
NOBODY liked the hall monitors.

Devoid of the moral cachet of a snitch and thinking their isolated outpost next to the girl's bathroom imbued them with power, they were insufferably musty even on picture day.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2007, 10:37 PM

IF post = serious

THEN " Thanks "

ELSE
IF post = sarcastic

THEN " Thanks "

ELSE " Dude "

ENDIF

-t