Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Warcraft 3 permissions problem

Warcraft 3 permissions problem
Zubir
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 16, 2005, 10:17 PM

The game runs fine from my administrator account that I installed on 10.4.3, but when I attempt to run the game from a standard account I created for a friend, I can't create a profile. The error message I get is "Not enough free disk space to save profile." I have 90gb free on this drive.

This has to be a permissions problem. I've repaired permissions on the drive, but it didn't solve the problem. I also checked the permissions of the executable under the standard account, and they're set to read+write. Anyone know how to fix this?

TheDeathman
Dec 18, 2005, 01:20 AM

The folder and subfolder probably need to be set to read and write for the system.

MightyWinnebago
Baninated
Dec 18, 2005, 01:34 AM

Ask your mom. She's upstairs. Once she gives you permission, you may play more games after doing your chores.

Zubir  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 18, 2005, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by MightyWinnebago
Ask your mom. She's upstairs. Once she gives you permission, you may play more games after doing your chores.
Your mom asks me to do "special" chores... and she's very satisfied with the work.

MightyWinnebago
Baninated
Dec 19, 2005, 11:26 AM

Gross

Forum Links
Forum Rules