Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Candybar 1.5.2 is out.....

Candybar 1.5.2 is out.....
digitaljames
Mac Elite
May 7, 2003, 11:40 PM

andretan
Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2003, 12:41 AM

Thanks for keeping us updated!
mac.goodies webstore / Switched to an iBook in November 2002. Never looking back.
iBook R.I.P. 20 Nov 2002 - 2 Aug 2005
Hello Leopard! On iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 2GB, iPod 5th gen 30GB and iPhone

zachs
Mac Elite
May 8, 2003, 01:42 AM

I was wondering where my custom icons went.

Thanks for the update.

Vi0
Baninated
May 8, 2003, 04:29 AM

Laaaaaame...Candybar doesn't have to be updated for every point release. Ridiculous. The icon files have the same name and have been in the same location since 10.1, and probably 10.0 (though I didn't use that so I'm not sure).

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
May 8, 2003, 04:51 AM

Originally posted by Vi0:
Laaaaaame...Candybar doesn't have to be updated for every point release. Ridiculous. The icon files have the same name and have been in the same location since 10.1, and probably 10.0 (though I didn't use that so I'm not sure).
You would only need to update it IF you change out icons. If not then it doesn't matter.

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
May 8, 2003, 06:04 AM

Originally posted by Vi0:
you seem to forget the little matter of deleting pirated serial numbers too, which is a classic shareware reason for a point release
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

joltguy
Mac Enthusiast
May 8, 2003, 09:36 AM

Originally posted by philzilla:
you seem to forget the little matter of deleting pirated serial numbers too, which is a classic shareware reason for a point release
Not to mention the little matter that Apple is free to change the name/location of any of the icons with any point release they wish (however unlikely). Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't happen ever. I wish all apps (especially ones that muck with System files) were as diligent about OS compatibility as CandyBar is.

That being said, it would be cool if Panic built an integrated upgrade feature into the app instead of forcing the user manually go and get it from the web.

Forum Links
Forum Rules