Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] .Skin Format Specifications and Source

[ANN] .Skin Format Specifications and Source (Page 2)
kwyjiboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 25, 2005, 01:18 AM

Hah. You would die without your Shapeshifter fix.
Septuple post! Quadruple word score!

iindigo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2005, 05:58 PM

Originally posted by kwyjiboy:
I hope you're joking, lol. Shapeshifter ain't God's brother, like many make it out to be

Anyway - good luck, goMac!

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2005, 10:19 AM

Originally posted by goMac:
If Jason comes into this thread and proves that guiKit is a format built from serialized objects and not a bunch of data with headers in a data buffer like I'm saying
I'm sorry, but how is "serialized objects" necessarily better?

I'm having a hard time which side of the hilarious/annoying line you fall on.

Dimethyltrypt
Forum Regular
Mar 31, 2005, 10:11 PM

I heart vaporware!
don't be a MOORON, you lefty terrorist commie.

G0Ducks
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 31, 2005, 11:25 PM

Originally posted by kwyjiboy:
Actually... As a full-time consumer, I am always looking for a better product. Admittedly there is a bit of loyalty built up with SS.

Think of it this way... MS is always saying that there OS is the best. Sure, they've got numbers and product, but we all know the truth. I'm not saying that smeger + Unsanity are anywhere near MS. However, both of them have interest in protecting their product / sales.

goMac, you NEEEEEED to come out with something besides a format that can actually be compared head to head with SS. Until then, as a consumer, I hear a lot of hype, promises about something that, as a consumer, I don't fully understand. I don't care how your watch works, I just care if the thing works at all, and if it works better than the one that I have currently. Show me the money!!! *jumps profusely*

Both of these yahoos need to take this outside. This kind of marketing (and that is what this is, though a bit on the negative side) needs to stop. No need to act like mud flinging politicians.

Light,

R

superfula
Senior User
Apr 1, 2005, 12:39 AM

If you can't contribute to the thread aside from the random childish insult, please don't bother posting. YOU are the ones making the Mac community look bad. It's a pain to wade through the crap to find actual on-topic posts.

Fusion
Senior User
Apr 1, 2005, 01:55 AM

Originally posted by superfula:
If you can't contribute to the thread aside from the random childish insult, please don't bother posting. YOU are the ones making the Mac community look bad. It's a pain to wade through the crap to find actual on-topic posts.
I'm not sure how someone consistently spamming MacNN with crap is making it look so hot either.

superfula
Senior User
Apr 2, 2005, 04:29 PM

At least he's attempting to keep this a mature discussion. I've never seen the guy spam anything, nor flame anyone. If someone doesn't like his product, or has nothing to add to that thread, why bother making themselves look stupid.

G0Ducks
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 2, 2005, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by superfula:
wow... I sure hope you're not talking about my posts...

R

MorphOSX
Forum Regular
Apr 3, 2005, 09:37 PM

well, given that goMac's announced any number of products that have, for whatever reason, never made it to market, it certainly doesn't make our community look that great.

goMac  (op)
Posting Junkie
Apr 4, 2005, 12:32 AM

I didn't read the whole thread, so I have no idea why its back, but I'm waiting until 10.4 is out for any other software releases. It wouldn't do much good to release software that requires 10.4.

Edit: While I would like to, I can't provide much in the way of screenshots, as the ADC requirements are pretty clear on that. As much as I'd like to, given that it would clear up a lot of "where are the actual products", I can't. I wouldn't like my ADC membership to be revoked.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2005, 07:03 AM

Originally posted by MorphOSX:
it certainly doesn't make our community look that great.
How so?

I can see the company he works for taking a credability hit but the Mac community? Actually I'm surprised carpestellarem is still around. Not a slam but since it hasn't sold/released anything, its tough for for business to remain solvent w/o any income streams.

efuseakay
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 4, 2005, 10:52 AM

I for one would like to see some competition... why anybody, other than the one company (Unsanity) wouldn't, is beyond me.

goMac  (op)
Posting Junkie
Apr 4, 2005, 10:54 AM

Originally posted by Maflynn:
How so?

I can see the company he works for taking a credability hit but the Mac community? Actually I'm surprised carpestellarem is still around. Not a slam but since it hasn't sold/released anything, its tough for for business to remain solvent w/o any income streams.
Actually if you go to our website you'll see we make quite a few other pieces of software. Our StellarRADIUS software is very popular.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2005, 10:02 PM

Oops, my mistake.

Forum Links
Forum Rules