Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Just Upgraded to Panther

Just Upgraded to Panther
Proudest Monkey
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2003, 08:39 PM

I just finished my upgrade process to Panther. Backed everything up, wiped it clean, installed Panther, put my files back on, and I have to say so far i LOVE panther, granted, i was using 10.1.5 since it was released, so this is a huge upgrade for me. This is like 2 upgrades in 1 for me, but I love it so far. I love Safari, of course, iChat is way better than aim, the "new" finder is much improved, overall look is much cleaner and better on the eyes, and of course - it is a litle bit snappier.

if anyone has been holding out as long as i have been, just do it! its definitely worth the upgrade, and since i am student, it was only $70 usd.

had to share the xcitement with others.

happy saturday to all.
MacBook 13.3" C2D 2.0ghz 2gb/160gb

OpenStep
Senior User
Dec 6, 2003, 11:12 PM

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 7, 2003, 01:32 AM

Did mine last week after getting tired of waiting for 10.3.2 to come out and fix all the Firewire issues for sure. Backed everything up, Formatted with Journalling enabled and reinstalled everything. Panther works like a charm and was worth the money, even if only for Expose. the only thing that bugs me is that I'm not used to bash in the terminal. I'll stick with it now since it's default, but I preffered tcsh's way of doing things with alias files etc etc etc.
weird wabbit

skyman
Mac Elite
Dec 7, 2003, 02:47 AM

Panther ROCKS and BOOTS much FASTER!

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Dec 7, 2003, 03:50 AM

wow that is a big jump.

Forum Links
Forum Rules