Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac 600 + Ext. Monitor

iMac 600 + Ext. Monitor
Proudest Monkey
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2003, 01:38 PM

I have a quick question concerning the ability to hook up an external monitor to my iMac 600. My knowledge is limited, but I know that I have some type of port on the back of my computer for a display, i believe. The specs say that it is a Standard VGA output (15 pin Mini D Sub connector) and it supports video mirroring - so the external display mirrors whatever is on the built in display. This part of it I understand, but my question is if I could purchase a cheap 19" monitor (such as ...), and use it for my main monitor. would this work? would the display look okay, quality of image, etc. Thanks.
MacBook 13.3" C2D 2.0ghz 2gb/160gb

Andre L.
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2003, 01:55 PM

Yes, this monitor will mirror exactly what is on the original screen. Resolution will be restricted to that what video card permits. There is a shareware software (somwehere from Germany, I forgot the name) that allows resolution increase to 1600.

Andre

Forum Links
Forum Rules