Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Missing iTunes Feature

Missing iTunes Feature
Proudest Monkey
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 17, 2004, 04:49 PM

I love iTunes, its clearly the best mp3 program available. I've converted many WinAmp faithfuls to iTunes and they love it too. The only thing I wish iTunes had was a "currently playing" button. You could use this button to jump to the song that is currently playing, in whichever playlist you are playing it from, or even from the library. Maybe there is already a keystroke that accomplishes this, but i think a button somewhere in the player would be a welcome addition. When playing music off of a roommates computer I sometimes forget if its his computer or mine and then I search for it in my library and then it goes to the next song and i loose my place in my library.
( Last edited by Proudest Monkey; Jan 17, 2004 at 05:33 PM. )
MacBook 13.3" C2D 2.0ghz 2gb/160gb

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2004, 05:12 PM

Select File->Show Current Song or press Command-L.

Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

jfinete
Forum Regular
Jan 17, 2004, 05:12 PM

Look under the File menu and select "Show Current Song". On the Mac, you can use the command-L shortcut.

Proudest Monkey  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 17, 2004, 05:33 PM

Originally posted by Developer:

it's just that simple ... don't understand why you are so mad at me for making you respond to my question though
MacBook 13.3" C2D 2.0ghz 2gb/160gb

JellyBeen
Senior User
Jan 17, 2004, 05:40 PM

Originally posted by Developer:

For a normally level headed and helpfull poster, you surprise me Developer. Whats wrong man?
20"iMac intel 2.66 Duo: 4GB RAM : OS 10.6.6

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2004, 04:55 PM

In Developer's defense: Sometimes people don't do a bit of exploration before posting. A quick look through the various menus or Preferences of an app can answer most questions.

dtriska
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2004, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by JellyBeen:
For a normally level headed and helpfull poster, you surprise me Developer. Whats wrong man?
It's probably because the answer was located in the very first menu one should check within iTunes. It's like if someone asked you how to save a document, and they hadn't looked in the File menu yet. I know I'd be frustrated at the laziness of the person.

Forum Links
Forum Rules