Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > France: Dogs used as shark bait

France: Dogs used as shark bait (Page 3)
villalobos
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2005, 12:07 AM

[QUOTE=loki74]Nope, not one bit. I suppose I could, but its still you who should. Your link only veryfies the story that the OP cited. Granted, it does indeed debunk the link he drew between this practice and French culture. Does rule 8 only apply to those who start threads? I fugure it would apply to them and anyone who posts in a thread. (i guess a mod will have to straighten that out.) It has nothing whatsoever to do with what you said earlier.

My point was that you just quoted the OP's entire post, didnt even zero in on anything, and just called him names. Childish really. You could at least specify what part of the post you object to. And give reasons. Which you've yet to explicitly do; I'm decucing your points and meaning.

Originally Posted by loki74
That is disgusting, those who did it should have the maximum possible punishment bruoght down upon them. Seriously, you expect the OP to know every news story, EVERY thing thats is appaling, and post up some outrage here in the PL? He saw this story, not yours, and was disgusted by it. So he posted about it, and provided his opinion. Indeed his logic may not be perfect, but you're not convincing anyone just by calling him an effing idiot, and not even explaining why.

Where's your outrage? You're the one with the story. So go start a thread about it, and I'm sure you'll see that we are humane to people as well as to dogs.

Deduct away kid. This thread was obvious troll bait, and the funny thing is that you fell for it.
FYI, my story is several years old and has nothing to do with the shark bait. I was just trying to show you how silly this thread is. The article was obviously made up just like mine was... You still did not get it.

finally the bout about French and terrorists deserves the name calling.

Ciao
( Last edited by villalobos; Oct 8, 2005 at 12:14 AM. )

loki74
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2005, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by villalobos
Deduct away kid. This thread was obvious troll bait, and the funny thing is that you fell for it.
Obvious troll bait? I would tend to disagree. So the OP inappropriately pinned it on the Frenchies. That just means he didnt do his womework, and I will concede that perhaps he would like to pin this on the French as a matter of his personal feelings towards them. But none of this means that he's trying to flame-bait or troll-bait.

And even if he was--I fail to see how I have been baited into trolling. If anyone "fell for it," it was you, in your initial post, calling the OP an effing idiot or whatever. I'm not sure if we're going to qualify this as "flaming" but it is most certainly more inflamatory than anything I have posted in this thread.

FYI, my story is several years old and has nothing to do with the shark bait.
Well then, its old news, and nothing more than a de-rail.

I was just trying to show you how silly this thread is.
Good job, you've really convinced me. Although.... I think between the two of us, we've made it quite silly.

finally the bout about French and terrorists deserves the name calling.
Okay... next time specify what you're talking about then. I can see where some would call this nitpicking, but I call it courtesy. If you're going to call someone names, you should at least point to why you are doing so--this way the discussion can logically continue, and you're actually saying something.

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"

Forum Links
Forum Rules