Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > now all my photos have disappeared!

now all my photos have disappeared!
bbales
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2007, 09:07 PM

OK, I just posted about the photos being missing from my calendar. Now all my photos have disappdeared! I added some this afternoon -- they seem to be the only ones left. The library is 95 MB.

I have a backup from earlier in the week and that's 11 GB.

Does ANYONE have any idea what could have happened? Thank God I have the backup, which I'm now going to back up again on yet another drive.

bbales  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2007, 09:54 PM

The backup is there. I made a backup of the backup. But if I just open the library (which, it turns out maybe I should not have done) -- the photos still do not show up! My library seems to be hosed, even though, as I said, I watched them being copied. Obviously, I have all these photos, but they were organized once upon a time, and to reimport them ...

What a mess. I think something happened when I imported 23 photos this afternoon. They're the only ones remaining in the original library.

ANY ideas, anyone? How can I make iphoto open the backup?
Or is the whole thing -- original library and now two backups -- hosed?

Chito
Senior User
Dec 8, 2007, 10:28 PM

If I remember correctly if you hold down the option key while you're starting iPhoto it'll ask which library you want to open. Select your backup and you should be good to go.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

bbales  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 9, 2007, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Chito View Post
If I remember correctly if you hold down the option key while you're starting iPhoto it'll ask which library you want to open. Select your backup and you should be good to go.
It worked! Thank you. I'm assuming at some point I'm going to have to move that library onto my main drive (I don't really want it on the backup drive) and go through this process again. But at least I'm back in business. Thanks again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules