Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > trying to get holidays to show up in iCal

trying to get holidays to show up in iCal
bbales
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2008, 07:34 AM

I recently got an iPhone and have slowly gotten my life onto it. To that end I cleaned up an iCal (didn't really use that program or, any one, since my Palm died and I couldn't resurrect it). Got it synced to .mac, got it on my iphone. Life was good.

Then I realized I was missing the u.s. holidays, even though I'd subscribed to them, and I had a "holidays" calendar in ical, separate from my own.

I swear, at some point last weekend I had the option of syncing more than one calendar. However, I can't seem to make that happen now.

How does one manage to include holidays (and at some point, when I add them, birthdays) to a calendar to sync to .mac, to sync to my iPhone? I've looked in all kinds of places, including my "missing manual" book by David Pogue, but I'm just not finding it. It seems like this should be simple.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Oct 16, 2008, 08:27 AM

iCal allows you to have as many calendars as you want - home, work, travel, family, doctors, b'days, any number of subscriptions, what have you.

I assume that you set the calendars to be synchronized with the iPhone in the "calendars" tab of the iPhone when you click on it in iTunes - the same way you customise settings for everything else you synchronize?

bbales  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2008, 09:54 AM

OK, I feel really stupid. Calendars is under "info" in the iPhone tab. And there it is. It worked; I've got my holidays now. I could NOT find that section on which calendars to sync.

Thanks so much.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Oct 16, 2008, 10:40 AM

Ah - I don't have an iPhone (yet), so I didn't know exactly which heading. But good to know it was there.

Forum Links
Forum Rules