Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > OSX crashed while installing updates: Help pls!

OSX crashed while installing updates: Help pls!
Sakino
Senior User
Jun 7, 2004, 05:06 PM

I was doing a fresh install because I got my computer back from apple today. Everything was working well up until it crashed on the last update. Now when I turn it on it just enters the Grey screen and has a circle with a line going through it, and below it says it's thinking. The thinking never stops!
**Sending it into apple has nothing to with hardware problems, this occured after I got my computer back and I decided to do a fresh install.**
What can I do???
I already tried inserting the recover cd?
Thanks

wulf
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 7, 2004, 06:26 PM

Can you startup from the install disk? You will probably need to re-install and update everything from there.

Sakino  (op)
Senior User
Jun 7, 2004, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by wulf:
Can you startup from the install disk? You will probably need to re-install and update everything from there.
Nope its stuck in the machine, and when i start up it does nothing.

wulf
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 7, 2004, 07:42 PM

Presumably you've already tried starting up while holding down 'c' (to force startup from the CD).

You can also try starting up while holding down 'alt', which should bring up a grey screen allowing you to choose from any available system disks. Sometimes this is a good way to find out if your machine can see any system at all

Also, holding down the mouse button on startup should eject any CD (or DVD) in the drive, if you want to try changing it, or starting without it.

HTH.

Sakino  (op)
Senior User
Jun 7, 2004, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by wulf:
Presumably you've already tried starting up while holding down 'c' (to force startup from the CD).

You can also try starting up while holding down 'alt', which should bring up a grey screen allowing you to choose from any available system disks. Sometimes this is a good way to find out if your machine can see any system at all

Also, holding down the mouse button on startup should eject any CD (or DVD) in the drive, if you want to try changing it, or starting without it.

HTH.
Hey you learn something everyday! I just 3 things in one post.
Holding down C brought up the CD, now I am installing again! Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules