Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Question about iPod Shuffle

Question about iPod Shuffle
Sakino
Senior User
Feb 6, 2005, 10:02 PM

Well my G3 iPod battery just died, I get about 15 minutes per charge on it. It kind of sucks, its only been a year and half. I bought it when the first round of al powerbooks came out.
I have access to some 1gb iPod shuffles but am wondering about some issues that I might have with it.
-I would prefer not using the shuffle option, but instead have it run thru a playlist in order? Would this be possible with the shuffle?
-I run a lot! This will be nice since I no longer have to worry about the skip portection with the Harddrive that kicks out after 15 minutes. Is there a certain temperature that it shuts off on, like the other iPods. I know if it gets to cold out it will shut off. I run all the way down to 10 deg C.
-Should I maybe look into a different mp3 device?
Thanks for your input.

Krusty
Professional Poster
Feb 6, 2005, 10:34 PM

The answers to your questions are on Apple's ipod shuffle page:
Yes ... there is a slide on the back to switch between shuffle and straight playlist play.
The lowest operating temp is listed as 32F/0C.
http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/specs.html

Disgruntled Head of C-3PO
Professional Poster
Feb 7, 2005, 02:10 AM

My 3g would last perhaps 5 hours as I would always skip tracks which really eats up the battery. So far my shuffle is at 10 hours or more and the light is still green indicating that the battery has lots of juice in it.
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

Rumor Addict
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2005, 06:30 PM

Originally posted by Sakino:
Well my G3 iPod battery just died
Why not spend 35 dollars on a replacement battery and keep using it? I am still using my first generation iPod and I guess I have been really lucky with the battery. I still get 3 to 4 hours out of it.
MacBook 2.0 / Powerbook 1ghz 12inch 768mb / Original 5 gig iPod / 512mb iPod Shuffle

Sakino  (op)
Senior User
Feb 7, 2005, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by Rumor Addict:
Why not spend 35 dollars on a replacement battery and keep using it? I am still using my first generation iPod and I guess I have been really lucky with the battery. I still get 3 to 4 hours out of it.
i take it you are talking about getting one off of ebay? Any suggestions on brand, type, dealer?

Rumor Addict
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2005, 08:06 PM

Originally posted by Sakino:
i take it you are talking about getting one off of ebay? Any suggestions on brand, type, dealer?
No not ebay. How about a Newer Technology battery from OWC ?

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/item/6943/NWTIPOD8503/
( Last edited by Rumor Addict; Feb 8, 2005 at 03:24 PM. )
MacBook 2.0 / Powerbook 1ghz 12inch 768mb / Original 5 gig iPod / 512mb iPod Shuffle

Forum Links
Forum Rules