Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Tiny Speakers for Dorm Room

Tiny Speakers for Dorm Room
tavilach
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2005, 02:10 PM

I'm looking for a pair of tiny speakers for my dorm room. The maximum price is $50, and the criteria are compact size (no subwoofer), good sound (for music blasting and movie watching), and a headphone jack.

Help would be much appreciated!
( Last edited by tavilach; Aug 7, 2005 at 03:51 PM. )
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2005, 05:41 PM

JBL Duet is a little bit more expensive than your range, but decent. Labtec Spin-75 is dirt cheap ($19 retail, i believe) and, well, you get what you pay for. there's the Bose Companion 2, but those are $99, and the Klipsch 2.0s, which are also more expensive. I'd say look at the JBL Duet, they're probably worth the extra few bucks.

"I start fires!"

X-Ray
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 7, 2005, 06:02 PM

I'd really recommend spending the $100 and getting the Bose Companion 2s. I have them and they sound pretty decent for not having a subwoofer and they have 2 sets of inputs on the back.

Cozmo85
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 7, 2005, 09:01 PM

I awnt to pick a set of these up. Lots of colors too.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/searc...d&ics=20&ico=0

Forum Links
Forum Rules