Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Which is better monitor for color proofing? CRTvsLCD

Which is better monitor for color proofing? CRTvsLCD
newbiemini
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2006, 05:44 PM

Help,

I have several options for doing color proofing at home but i have a limited budget $500 to do so. I use a mixed enviroment of classic and os x though the majority of work is still in classic. (KODAK dye-sub 8650, NIkon Super Coolscan, ,agfa duoscan T2100XL, etc)
I have several options:

CRT apple studio display 21" w/ built in color calibrator
Same as above but with external color calibrator such as radius prosense (classic) or spyder pro (os x).
Apple Cinema Display (ADC version) 20" w/o spyder pro

Which would be the best for me to work with for color proofing?

Any suggestions based on experience. I am a amuteur photographer with a small budget to do some digital color correction touchups.

Adrian Torres

X-Ray
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2006, 10:34 PM

If you truly want to calibrate an lcd I would recommend some brands such as Sceptre or Viewsonic, I recently sold my Dell 2005fpw and replaced it with a Viewsonic. Reasons: no backlight bleeding, more extensive controls- brightness and contrast, moveable osd (important when you're calibrating), color temp settings as well as a sharrpness adjustment among others.

Forum Links
Forum Rules