Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: Decent Imac G3 for daughter cheap if possible

WTB: Decent Imac G3 for daughter cheap if possible
ellandry
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 16, 2007, 01:15 AM

She is 4 and will use it for education games, drawing, watching dvds etc, I dont care about the color just want something with decent HD space, decent ram etc so it will last her a few years. Thanks

PowerBub
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 16, 2007, 09:57 AM

i'd recommend going for an early iMac G4. They are very reliable machines and have really come down in price. Here is a g4/700 for $299

Sell & Buy Used Macs - 5 UNITS: G4/700MHz eMac 512/40GB CD-RW 56K Pro Keyboard/Pro Mouse - Mac Of All Trades

I haven't ever ordered from them. They are more expensive than eBay, but cheaper than most retailers, it seems.

I would avoid a G3 iMac because over the next couple of years I expect the failure rate of the monitor and video cards will continue increasing. I could be wrong.
please cook my steak again
je suis american

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Nov 16, 2007, 08:52 PM

I'd agree, but keep in mind G3 iMacs can be had on craigslist for $25-$50. Problem is they run OS 9 so I don't know how many games or programs you'd be able to find.

bob-nine
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 22, 2007, 04:31 AM

I have two G3's for sale. I am in the Dallas area. If you are not near here, do not bother. They may not be worth shipping. I do not have prices as I do not know their value.

One is an iMac 700MHz
The other is a tower model (looks like a G3 plastic version of the PowerMac)
Both machines boot and come with KB/Mouse.

I would sell them cheap to a good home. Make an offer. I would expect them to be less than $100 each.

gromit95
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 29, 2007, 07:44 PM

my kids use an imac 400 dv it runs os9 and osx 10.3 fine
it a little slow for internet but should be fine for a 4 year old
fred

Forum Links
Forum Rules