Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Looking for beta testers for Safari add-on

Looking for beta testers for Safari add-on
Michael Ash
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2004, 04:35 PM

I'm looking for beta testers for a program I'm currently working on. The program is a Safari add-on that adds convenient dictionary look-ups. At the moment, it includes an general English dictionary, a dictionary of computer terms, and a bunch of bilingual dictionaries. If testing this program sounds interesting to you, read on.

The program requires Mac OS X 10.3. It only works in Safari, so you'll need to use Safari as your primary browser. Knowing a language other than English is a plus, to test the bilingual dictionaries, but not required.

I'm about as far along as I'll be able to get without testers, so I expect to start testing in around a week or so, and it will last, well, until it's done. It will be a shareware program, and anyone who provides a reasonable amount of feedback will get a registration code for the final version when it comes out.

If this sounds like something you'd like to do, please send an e-mail to (beta AT mikeash DOT com). Tell me what version of OS X and Safari you're running and whether you've done testing before.

Moonray
Mac Elite
Mar 8, 2004, 05:10 PM

There are many free solutions to do that which work fine even with 10.1 and 10.2 like Sherlock, web browsers with shortcut features and other applications (I'd be happy to tell for a little fee ). So what would you do better?

-

IamBob
Senior User
Mar 9, 2004, 01:08 PM

So what would you do better?
Sounds like the easily accessible dictionary look-ups in Safari is the better. The insanity!

Why did you bother to reply? Why did I for that matter?

Moonray
Mac Elite
Mar 9, 2004, 02:17 PM

You think I should send an invoice as business counselor.

-

IamBob
Senior User
Mar 11, 2004, 12:58 PM

I think you should go outside and play like a normal teenager.

Just because there are alternatives (even free) does not mean that you can't make a few bucks by making something similar.

Why'd I reply again? Bump!

Moonray
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 03:18 PM

Oh you were talking to me?
Well, no one asked you for your opinion here, and I have probably enough life experience to share that it would be enough for you too.

-

Forum Links
Forum Rules