Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Limitation Viewing Shelves on your iPhone

Limitation Viewing Shelves on your iPhone
pdmarsh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 31, 2008, 03:18 AM

I was trying out publishing this evening, both to .Mac and to a local server to see how it worked. I discovered that there's a definite file size limitation if you want to view your library online on your iPhone.

When I saved in the shelf format, it created a single long html file that simply wouldn't fit on the iPhone (over 500 DVDs). After publishing to .Mac, I opened up Safari on my iPhone, went to http://homepage.mac.com/myname/deliciouslibrary/iphone/ and every time Safari crashed after trying several minutes to load the page. If I changed to the other format that limits items to a dozen per page, it worked fine, but then left me with 48 pages to load to find a DVD.
- Dave Marsh

illitrate
May 31, 2008, 07:22 AM

i think this is a limit with the Safari on the iPhone
i've had similar issues loading graphics intensive webforums - the browser will just lock up and die

this is another good reason for someone putting together some alternative web templates
although, with the imminent release of the new iphone firmware and the ability to run 3rd party apps - hopefully someone will knock together a small app that will be able to display the library directly on the iphone without the need for a net connection
( Last edited by illitrate; May 31, 2008 at 07:24 AM. Reason: hit submit too early)

Forum Links
Forum Rules