Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Israel Is Always Right

Israel Is Always Right (Page 9)
Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jul 14, 2006, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c
In modern day times the power lusted after by Christians simply manifests itself differently, but certainly Christians as a whole, like all religions, do seek power to advance their own causes.

We are thankful that today they don't see what you've listed above as a productive means to an end, but let's not kid ourselves in saying that they are fundamentally different. In years past, Christians as a whole did similar things in the name of power and conquest. Just look at a great part of European history.

I'm not trying to slam Christianity here, but let's just call a spade a spade - Christianity has historically been extremely bloody. Some would say that overall, it has been even bloodier than Islamic history.
Let's stick within the context of this century, let alone the last several centuries.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jul 14, 2006, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Sosa
Does the US indiscriminitaly kill women and children in bombing strikes? Yes
Does the US turn a blind eye towards human rights abuses of its allies? Yes
Does the US commit human rights abuses every day with its captives? Yes
No.

No, we've been leaning on China for a while now, with good results.

They live more comfortably than many Americans who HAVEN'T been involved in terrorist activites. If you can't tell the difference, then the brainwashing is complete.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jul 14, 2006, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by MacNStein
Yes.

Yes.

Yes.
Show me where Islam does that.

Because I haven't blown up any kids, I haven't oppressed any women, and I haven't terrorized any religious groups all over the world. And I read the Quran on a daily basis and am a practicing Muslim. So please show me what I'm doing wrong. I obviously am doing something wrong because according to you I should be blowing up kids, oppressing women and terrorizing other religious groups. Islam apparantly says I must do so.

So go ahead, show me where Islam says that.

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

Taliesin
Mac Elite
Jul 14, 2006, 10:46 AM

Really? Because I tell ya, I'm soooo tired of reading all the 1000s of articles about Christians blowing up their children in suicide bombings, or how they oppress women, or how they terrorize other religious groups on a multi-national scale, etc. etc.. Oh yeah, they're just sooo bad. We need Islam to save us from the barbarians!
Why, there is actually no need for christians to revert to guerillia-tactics, ie. individual use of violence, centralised and collective expression of political, economical and military wills achieve much more.

The problems in the islamic world can be traced to four sources:

1. A still not thoroughly solved suspiscion regarding modernity, capitalism, industrialisation...
2. The young history of many islamic states that came into existence post-colonial after ww1 and ww2, within europeanly defined borders.
3. The coldwar-alliance between the US and Wahabism, including military, financial and ideological support for radical Islamism all through the islamic world...
4. The middle-east espescially is prone to conflicts because of the vast oil-ressources. Not only is that reason enough for foreign powers to fight for influence there through secret-services or coups, assassinations or rebellions, but the owners of the oil are also interested in the regular occurrence of conflicts, since those drive prices for oil higher.

Taliesin

Sosa
Senior User
Jul 14, 2006, 10:53 AM

No.

No, we've been leaning on China for a while now, with good results.

They live more comfortably than many Americans who HAVEN'T been involved in terrorist activites. If you can't tell the difference, then the brainwashing is complete.
You must not be following the news closely. Just about every other day I hear of US soldiers killing civilians in Iraq or Afghanistan, blowing up houses and killing one terrorist and 9 civilians, shooting up wedding parties, murdering and raping. Obviously this may be a small percentage of the troops, but it happens.

Human right are not a US priority, it is more like a weapon used against its enemies or perceived threats, like Iran, China, Russia, Venezuela. However US allies can violate human rights without much trouble, thus Israel, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Indonesia, etc.

I can believe there are people who believe that living imprisoned and subject to frequent torture, is better than living a simple life FREE from US terror. You have been brainwashed by Fox News and other propagandistic US media and don't even realize it.
2011 iMac 2.7 i5, 16gb RAM, 1TB HD
Previous Macs: Apple IIc+, iMac 350 G3, iBook 700 G3, G4 Powerbooks 12" 1ghz & 15" 1.67ghz
Join Team MacNN.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jul 14, 2006, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by von Wrangell
Show me where Islam does that.

Because I haven't blown up any kids, I haven't oppressed any women, and I haven't terrorized any religious groups all over the world. And I read the Quran on a daily basis and am a practicing Muslim. So please show me what I'm doing wrong. I obviously am doing something wrong because according to you I should be blowing up kids, oppressing women and terrorizing other religious groups. Islam apparantly says I must do so.

So go ahead, show me where Islam says that.
I just have to open the newspaper.

Islam, as practiced today, is a sham. Even the most mild members of the cult give their bloody brothers a pass for their destructive behavior, trying to find justification for indefensible actions. I've met good, decent Muslims, but they're a dying breed, being replaced with mercenaries and cutthroat animals who Mohammed himself would work against.

Because you're part of the Minority (giving you the benefit of the doubt), doesn't mean the religion as a whole isn't sick to it's core.
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jul 14, 2006, 10:59 AM

You must not be following the news closely. Just about every other day I hear of US soldiers killing civilians in Iraq or Afghanistan, blowing up houses and killing one terrorist and 9 civilians, shooting up wedding parties, murdering and raping. Obviously this may be a small percentage of the troops, but it happens.

Human right are not a US priority, it is more like a weapon used against its enemies or perceived threats, like Iran, China, Russia, Venezuela. However US allies can violate human rights without much trouble, thus Israel, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Indonesia, etc.

I can believe there are people who believe that living imprisoned and subject to frequent torture, is better than living a simple life FREE from US terror. You have been brainwashed by Fox News and other propagandistic US media and don't even realize it.
Funny. You're looking at isolated incidents involving the US, and I'm talking about a way of life with the majority of Muslims. I imagine that looking for equivalence between the sides makes you feel better about your personal choices, but it's doesn't make it true.
- Thomas Paine

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 10:59 AM

And today mostly Christians societies like the US massacre civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq on a regular basis. I think that is also terrorism.
Yep, we're over there digging mass graves for our massive civilian slaughters....
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

Sosa
Senior User
Jul 14, 2006, 11:00 AM

Islam, as practiced today, is a sham.
You are hopeless. I believe I've read somewhere that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. So you are stating that billions are practicing a sham religion because you disagree with the actions some Muslims are taking. I guess I should condemn Christianity as a whole based on recent US actions, and condemn Judaism based on "Jewish" aggression.
Previous Macs: Apple IIc+, iMac 350 G3, iBook 700 G3, G4 Powerbooks 12" 1ghz & 15" 1.67ghz
Join Team MacNN.

Sosa
Senior User
Jul 14, 2006, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by greenG4
Yep, we're over there digging mass graves for our massive civilian slaughters....
When a whole family gets wiped out by murderous troops, or by bombing strikes that kill a couple of terrorists, that could certainly be massive slaughter for the people killed and their relatives!

But you don't have to look too far in US history to find massive slaughtering of civilians.
Join Team MacNN.

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 11:04 AM

Every other day huh? You must watch CNN. They like to talk about our evil troops.
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

Trygve
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 14, 2006, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Matius
Let's get something straight here. Hezbollah crossed the border and KIDNAPPED two Israeli troops. We CAPTURED the detainees at Gitmo on the battlefield. Two completely separate scenarios.
No. The US captured people after it had invaded a sovereign country. Same thing in the current situation.... Hezbollah invades and captures. No difference at all. Based on the US approval of Israel's actions, it should be justified for any nation who has captives in Gitmo to attack the US and be justified in doing so.

Israel could end the mess in the ME straight away... withdraw from the Golan, West Bank, Gaza (for real) and Sheba Farms, leave East Jerusalem and compensate the Palestinians whose homes they stole.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jul 14, 2006, 11:06 AM

You are hopeless. I believe I've read somewhere that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. So you are stating that billions are practicing a sham religion because you disagree with the actions some Muslims are taking. I guess I should condemn Christianity as a whole based on recent US actions, and condemn Judaism based on "Jewish" aggression.
Believe what you want, everything I said is true.

McDonalds is the fastest growing restaurant chain, but that doesn't mean that it's good for you.

Islam, in it's true form is beautiful, and my dearest friends are Sufis, but even they weep for what their religion has become.
- Thomas Paine

Sosa
Senior User
Jul 14, 2006, 11:06 AM

Every other day huh? You must watch CNN. They like to talk about our evil troops.
You are not serious. You are joking right? You are denying that these things happen? You are denying that there are some evil troops among the 150k occupiers? You are denying that US official policy accepts "collateral damage" ie terrorism of civilians to kill one or two terrorists?
Join Team MacNN.

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Trygve
No. The US captured people after it had invaded a sovereign country. Same thing in the current situation.... Hezbollah invades and captures. No difference at all. Based on the US approval of Israel's actions, it should be justified for any nation who has captives in Gitmo to attack the US and be justified in doing so.

Israel could end the mess in the ME straight away... withdraw from the Golan, West Bank, Gaza (for real) and Sheba Farms, leave East Jerusalem and compensate the Palestinians whose homes they stole.
It would never be enough. Extremeist Arabs want Israel off the map, not out of the West Bank.
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jul 14, 2006, 11:09 AM

It sells commercial time.
- Thomas Paine

von Wrangell
Professional Poster

I just have to open the newspaper.

Islam, as practiced today, is a sham. Even the most mild members of the cult give their bloody gbrothers a pass for their destructive behavior, trying to find justification for indefensible actions. I've met good, decent Muslims, but they're a dying breed, being replaced with mercenaries and cutthroat animals who Mohammed himself would work against.

Because you're part of the Minority (giving you the benefit of the doubt), doesn't mean the religion as a whole isn't sick to it's core.
Do you think you are the only one who has suffered because of the situation in the ME? WTF gives you the right to label me and Islam as you do? Yeah, I know. You lost someone close to you to the blood thirsty animals you dare to call my brothers. Have you ever thought of asking if anyone on the other side has lost someone? Did you ever ask me if I lost someone close to me to the situation in the ME? No, you were too busy calling my religion and my "brothers" bloodthirsty cutthroat animals.

A friend of mine since I was 6 years old got killed last night by the Israelis. His crime? He was driving along with his daughter from the southern part of Lebanon to the "safety" in the north. He crossed a bridge at the wrong time. Yes, his daughter (4 year old Samira. May they rest in peace) was also killed. Yeah, go ahead and blame Hizbullah for that. You'll feel better.

A colleague of mine died just over a week ago from a heart attack. He worked at a hospital in Gaza. The reason he got an heart attack? Sonic booming. His crime? Being a Palestinian.

A friend of mine is now in Gaza setting up a prioritising system at the hospitals. Prioritising what you ask? Which kids and elderly should no longer get treatment for their diseases so that people with more chance of survival will be able to get any treatment at all. Their crime? Being Palestinians.

Despite all this have you seen me label Christians bloodthirsty animals? Have I called Christianity a sham and a cult because of that? No.

Despite all this have you seen me label Jews bloodthirsty animals? Have I called Judaism a sham and a cult because of that? No.

So yeah, continue with your disgusting comments about me and Islam. It's certain to bring a conclusion to this problem. It's certain to bring people of different faiths closer together to work for peace. It's certain to bring justice to this world.

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

Sosa
Senior User

Islam, in it's true form is beautiful, and my dearest friends are Sufis, but even they weep for what their religion has become.
Muslims are fighting for their interests, considered by many to be legitimate, such as a Palestinian state free from Israeli terror and oppression. Muslims are fighting against occupation by foreign troops in their land. Muslims are fighting to bring down tyranical governments in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt (among others) supported with billions by the United States.

Sorry, I fail to see anything wrong with that.
Join Team MacNN.

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 11:11 AM

You are not serious. You are joking right? You are denying that these things happen? You are denying that there are some evil troops among the 150k occupiers? You are denying that US official policy accepts "collateral damage" ie terrorism of civilians to kill one or two terrorists?
Of course a few of our troops have done things they shoudn't have. I just love how people like you focus only on that. And no, we do not purposely forfeit civilians to get one terrorist.
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 11:15 AM

Muslims are fighting to bring down tyranical governments in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt (among others) supported with billions by the United States.
Where do you come up with this stuff??? I hear about hose governments supporting terrorism but don't recall the last news story I heard about how Muslims were rioting in the streets against their terrorist-supporting governments. Exactly how are they "fighting" to bring them down?
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

Sosa
Senior User
Jul 14, 2006, 11:15 AM

And no, we do not purposely forfeit civilians to get one terrorist.
That's a lie! I will list two well known examples off the top of my head, but this is official policy and it happens weekly in Iraq and Afghanistan. When they killed the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq they bombed a country house where a whole family was sleeping. They could have surrounded the house and arrested him, but the objective was to kill him and terrorize others into not supporting rebels. I believe a child, a woman, and others were killed.

And really the example that I can never forget was at the start of the war in Iraq, when the US destroyed an entire apartment building because Saddam was supposed to have been lunching in the first floor restaurant!

Collateral damage? Perhaps. Terror? No doubt! The wolf can't complain when the sheep come for him!
Join Team MacNN.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2006, 11:16 AM

I would actually support this idea with the proviso that all non-Jewish persons are removed from Israel. Israel would be for the Jews and the rest of the ME for non-Jews of whatever persuasion. Surely the tens of millions of non-Jews in the Middle East could be happy with allthe land (including East Jerusalem) but the pre-1967 territory Israel has, right?

Oh, and when this idea were come to pass the US should publicly, unequivocally state that it will be the guarantor of Israel's security: The first country to attack Israel after the peace agreement would be attacked in response by the US. The first time a home-made rocket gets launched into Israel from southern Lebanon then professional-made rockets would come raining in on southern Lebanon courtesy of the United States Army.

So, who likes this idea. Israel gets its pre-1967 borders and gets to kick out all non-Jews. Everyone else in the Middle East gets the rest of the Middle East but can step foot in Israel only as a visitor, they can never live there. And the US will formally announce it is the guarantor of protection for Israel.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy
So, who likes this idea. Israel gets its pre-1967 borders and gets to kick out all non-Jews. Everyone else in the Middle East gets the rest of the Middle East but can step foot in Israel only as a visitor, they can never live there. And the US will formally announce it is the guarantor of protection for Israel.
Do you have anything that shows the pre-1967 border? I can't find it.
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

Sosa
Senior User
Jul 14, 2006, 11:20 AM

Where do you come up with this stuff??? I hear about hose governments supporting terrorism but don't recall the last news story I heard about how Muslims were rioting in the streets against their terrorist-supporting governments. Exactly how are they "fighting" to bring them down?
Jesus dude, climb out of the hole you been sleeping in lately! Pakistan is a military dictatorship supported by the US. Saudi Arabia is a monarchy that oppresses women and severely restricts civil liberties in that country. Egypt is a farce of a democracy that now seems to be slowly changing thanks to the efforts of the banned Muslim Brotherhood. Indonesia I believe is also a military dictatorship. These are four examples and in each there are Muslims fighting to bring about change.

BTW You do know how Iran became our enemy right? We supported the tyranical Shah and when freedom loving Iranians finally overthrew him they obviously turned against his puppet master!
Join Team MacNN.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2006, 11:22 AM

That's a lie! I will list two well known examples off the top of my head, but this is official policy and it happens weekly in Iraq and Afghanistan. When they killed the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq they bombed a country house where a whole family was sleeping. They could have surrounded the house and arrested him, but the objective was to kill him and terrorize others into not supporting rebels. I believe a child, a woman, and others were killed.
See, ths is where the family has to make their choice, either they decide to support terrorists like Al Qaeda members or they don't. This family chose to support Al Qaeda by letting one of their terrorist leaders stay in their house. So, guess what? They have to suffer the consequences of making that choice.

And that is what this is all about, from the whole issue of terrorism to Islamic fundamentalism to the Israeli conflict, people need to take responsibility for the choices they make. If you don't want to get killed by the US military in an air raid, don't associate with and support terrorist enemies of the United States by letting them stay in your house. If you don't want Israel blowing up your bridges and airport runway then don't allow terrorist groups to operate within your country and launch attacks on Israel from within your country. If you don't want a small minority of religious extremists perverting the scriptures of your faith, don't sit by idly while they attack and kill individuals because they claim to be doing God's will. These are all instances where individuals, in everyday walks of life, have choices to make about how they want to live their life and what ideas/values they want to promote.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 11:22 AM

And really the example that I can never forget was at the start of the war in Iraq, when the US destroyed an entire apartment building because Saddam was supposed to have been lunching in the first floor restaurant!

Collateral damage? Perhaps. Terror? No doubt! The wolf can't complain when the sheep come for him!
Each of those people would have had had dozens of people with them. Neither one would just wander around alone like you indicate.
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 11:23 AM

See, ths is where the family has to make their choice, either they decide to support terrorists like Al Qaeda members or they don't. This family chose to support Al Qaeda by letting one of their terrorist leaders stay in their house. So, guess what? They have to suffer the consequences of making that choice.

And that is what this is all about, from the whole issue of terrorism to Islamic fundamentalism to the Israeli conflict, people need to take repsonsibility for the choices they make. If you don't want to get killed by the US military in a an air raid, don't associate with and support terrorist enemies of the United States. If you don't want Israel blowing up your bridges and airport runway then don't allow terrorist groups to operate within your country and launch attacks on Israel from within your country.
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

Trygve
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 14, 2006, 11:25 AM

I would actually support this idea with the proviso that all non-Jewish persons are removed from Israel. Israel would be for the Jews and the rest of the ME for non-Jews of whatever persuasion. Surely the tens of millions of non-Jews in the Middle East could be happy with allthe land (including East Jerusalem) but the pre-1967 territory Israel has, right?
So Jews can't live with non-Jews amongst them? Perhaps to make this work, all other countries in the world (including the US) should kick out their Jews and force them back to Israel.

I have nothing against Jews specifically... I am not Jewish but don't care if a Jew lives next door... when should Jews care if I live next door?

Oh, and when this idea were come to pass the US should publicly, unequivocally state that it will be the guarantor of Israel's security: The first country to attack Israel after the peace agreement would be attacked in response by the US. The first time a home-made rocket gets launched into Israel from southern Lebanon then professional-made rockets would come raining in on southern Lebanon courtesy of the United States Army.
As long as the US is willing to attack Israel is they should do anything against their neighbors.

Sosa
Senior User
Jul 14, 2006, 11:26 AM

And that is what this is all about, from the whole issue of terrorism to Islamic fundamentalism to the Israeli conflict, people need to take repsonsibility for the choices they make. If you don't want to get killed by the US military in a an air raid, don't associate with and support terrorist enemies of the United States. If you don't want Israel blowing up your bridges and airport runway then don't allow terrorist groups to operate within your country and launch attacks on Israel from within your country.

Ha ha! I guess Americans and Jews shouldn't complain when they get blown up then, since they can choose the path of peace or the path of supporting imperialist governments. If you are American or Israeli and support your country's aggressive military actions against other peaceful people around the world then well, you will have to suffer the consequences! If you don't want Muslim fighters blowing up your buildings and buses, then respect their interests!
Join Team MacNN.

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 11:26 AM

Jesus dude, climb out of the hole you been sleeping in lately! Pakistan is a military dictatorship supported by the US. Saudi Arabia is a monarchy that oppresses women and severely restricts civil liberties in that country. Egypt is a farce of a democracy that now seems to be slowly changing thanks to the efforts of the banned Muslim Brotherhood. Indonesia I believe is also a military dictatorship. These are four examples and in each there are Muslims fighting to bring about change.

BTW You do know how Iran became our enemy right? We supported the tyranical Shah and when freedom loving Iranians finally overthrew him they obviously turned against his puppet master!

You listed militrary dictatorships (which the US does not support), but only one which "might" be changing. Again, how are Muslims "fighting" their terrorist-supporting governments????
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 11:29 AM

Ha ha! I guess Americans and Jews shouldn't complain when they get blown up then, since they can choose the path of peace or the path of supporting imperialist governments. If you are American or Israeli and support your country's aggressive military actions against other peaceful people around the world then well, you will have to suffer the consequences! If you don't want Muslim fighters blowing up your buildings and buses, then respect their interests!
I'm sending the FBI to your house. You sound like a terrorist. I wish I were kidding.
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 14, 2006, 11:31 AM

Muslim fanaticals want to blow up our buildings and buses whether or not we respect their interests. Muslim fanaticals--which our a tiny percentage of the overall Muslim population--want to turn the world into a wholly Muslim mono-culture run by Sharia law. They are just like the small number of Christian fundamentalists the world over--but who seem to be most prominent in the US right now--who want Christian religious practices to rule the world.

But, fanaticals are fanaticals. The peope who used our planes as terrorist weapons wanted to kill Americans. That was their goal. And they succeeded. Now that they have made that choice we, the US, have made a choice to retaliate against them. And they have a choice to make now, keep trying to kill Americans (and be killed in the process) or renounce their intent to kill Americans.

Sosa
Senior User
Jul 14, 2006, 11:32 AM

You listed militrary dictatorships (which the US does not support), but only one which "might" be changing. Again, how are Muslims "fighting" their terrorist-supporting governments????
Muslims are fighting their "terrorist" supporting governments, but they are up against great odds: the government themselves and the US which supports them!

How are Americans fighting their imperialist war mongering government? How are Israelis fighting their trigger happy government?

I'll answer that: There are good Americans and Israelis who don't support their tyranical governments. That gives me hope.
Join Team MacNN.

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 11:34 AM

Muslims are fighting their "terrorist" supporting governments, but they are up against great odds: the government themselves and the US which supports them!

How are Americans fighting their imperialist war mongering government? How are Israelis fighting their trigger happy government?

I'll answer that: There are good Americans and Israelis who don't support their tyranical governments. That gives me hope.
Where do you come up with the idea that the US supports terrorism-supporting governments? And you think I live in a hole...

I alsoliked the quotes around "terrorist." I assume you call terrorists freedom-fighters or something similar?
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

Sosa
Senior User
Jul 14, 2006, 11:36 AM

The peope who used our planes as terrorist weapons wanted to kill Americans. That was their goal. And they succeeded. Now that they have made that choice we, the US, have made a choice to retaliate against them. And they have a choice to make now, keep trying to kill Americans (and be killed in the process) or renounce their intent to kill Americans.
I'm afraid things a bit more complicated than that. You have to analyse why they wanted to kill Americans in the first place. You will realize that America has dirty hands in the Middle East. American wants to extend its power and influence all over the world, even to the point of supporting friendly governments who are disliked by its people. Even establishing military bases in those same countries. You have to understand that a lot of people are not happy about this. And this country certainly doesn't hesistate to kill to defend its interests, why should its enemies?

And it is America today that is occupying at least one Muslim country.
Join Team MacNN.

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 11:38 AM

Occupying? By that you must mean requested to stay by their government.

Edit: You seem like you really hate your country. Or is the US really your home?
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

Sosa
Senior User
Jul 14, 2006, 11:39 AM

Where do you come up with the idea that the US supports terrorism-supporting governments? And you think I live in a hole...

I alsoliked the quotes around "terrorist." I assume you call terrorists freedom-fighters or something similar?
Didn't most of the 911 perpetrators come from Saudi Arabia? Now that government doesn't officially support terrorism, in fact it appears to be trying to clamp down on it. But that oppressive government and its US master is a significant cause for "terrorists."

Sorry, are you the type of person who calls American soldiers who kill civilians "Heroes?"
Join Team MacNN.

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 14, 2006, 11:40 AM

WRONG

Land for peace doesn't work. Idiot Europeans thought it would work with Hitler and now lots of wrong people are advocating the exact same thing with the Islamopignazis. Israel leaves Gaza, what do they get ? Israel leaves Lebanon, what do they get ? There will be no peace with Islamofascists, they will be destroyed.

Sosa
Senior User
Jul 14, 2006, 11:42 AM

Occupying? By that you must mean requested to stay by their government.

Edit: You seem like you really hate your country. Or is the US really your home?
Requested to stay by a weak puppet government! Please, the US are occupiers and of most Iraqis (and most Americans too), wants them to leave. Plus the whole war was illegal, but I won't get into that disccusion again!

I hate US foreign policy, for the most part. That is not equivalent to hating your country.
Join Team MacNN.

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 14, 2006, 11:43 AM

If you don't want Muslim fighters blowing up your buildings and buses, then respect their interests!
Islamopignazi terrorists can expect only one thing, and that is to be wiped out.

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 14, 2006, 11:45 AM

The majority of the Islamic world should be occupied or destroyed. Such a uncivilized civilization has no right to exist.

Sosa
Senior User
Jul 14, 2006, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by PacHead
Islamopignazi terrorists can expect only one thing, and that is to be wiped out.

PacHead, you are an idiot. Please take keep your filth off this discussion.
Join Team MacNN.

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 14, 2006, 11:47 AM

PacHead, you are an idiot. Please take keep your filth off this discussion.
This is a free country and no terrorist supporter will censor my valid and legitimate political views.

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 11:47 AM

Sorry, are you the type of person who calls American soldiers who kill civilians "Heroes?"
You make pretty big leaps. Maybe you can teach me to jump like that.
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 11:48 AM

Requested to stay by a weak puppet government! Please, the US are occupiers and of most Iraqis (and most Americans too), wants them to leave. Plus the whole war was illegal, but I won't get into that disccusion again!

I hate US foreign policy, for the most part. That is not equivalent to hating your country.
By weak puppet government you must really mean a valid elected government by it's citizens as opposed to the "legitimate election-rigged" government that preceded it.
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

Sosa
Senior User
Jul 14, 2006, 11:53 AM

By weak puppet government you must really mean a valid elected government by it's citizens as opposed to the "legitimate election-rigged" government that preceded it.
Can an a government elected under occupation be valid? Do you think most Iraqis consider it legitimate? You know 1/3 of the population did not participate in the electoral process. Are you aware there are there are several wars going on over there right now?

I don't see the distinction between Muslim fighters who kill civilians and US soldiers and pilots who do the same. Please enlightmen me.
Join Team MacNN.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jul 14, 2006, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by von Wrangell
Do you think you are the only one who has suffered because of the situation in the ME? WTF gives you the right to label me and Islam as you do? Yeah, I know. You lost someone close to you to the blood thirsty animals you dare to call my brothers. Have you ever thought of asking if anyone on the other side has lost someone? Did you ever ask me if I lost someone close to me to the situation in the ME? No, you were too busy calling my religion and my "brothers" bloodthirsty cutthroat animals.

A friend of mine since I was 6 years old got killed last night by the Israelis. His crime? He was driving along with his daughter from the southern part of Lebanon to the "safety" in the north. He crossed a bridge at the wrong time. Yes, his daughter (4 year old Samira. May they rest in peace) was also killed. Yeah, go ahead and blame Hizbullah for that. You'll feel better.

A colleague of mine died just over a week ago from a heart attack. He worked at a hospital in Gaza. The reason he got an heart attack? Sonic booming. His crime? Being a Palestinian.

A friend of mine is now in Gaza setting up a prioritising system at the hospitals. Prioritising what you ask? Which kids and elderly should no longer get treatment for their diseases so that people with more chance of survival will be able to get any treatment at all. Their crime? Being Palestinians.

Despite all this have you seen me label Christians bloodthirsty animals? Have I called Christianity a sham and a cult because of that? No.

Despite all this have you seen me label Jews bloodthirsty animals? Have I called Judaism a sham and a cult because of that? No.

So yeah, continue with your disgusting comments about me and Islam. It's certain to bring a conclusion to this problem. It's certain to bring people of different faiths closer together to work for peace. It's certain to bring justice to this world.
Yesh, I will continue the comments, because they're true. Learn to control the people of your faith doing these horrible things and you'll get back some respect. Learn that there's something fundamentally WRONG with a group of people who elect a terrorist organization as their government. Learn that others aren't to blame when you move to an area with the sole intent of choking out a nation of people who only want to live and be left in peace.

Want to compare your colleague with my god-daughter who was blown to pieces when a suicide bomber targetted a bus carrying kids going to school? No? Didn't think so.

Also, fwiw, look up the word "cult".
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jul 14, 2006, 12:00 PM

I'm sending the FBI to your house. You sound like a terrorist. I wish I were kidding.
I'm sending a copy of this thread to my friend in the bureau.
- Thomas Paine

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 12:01 PM

Can an a government elected under occupation be valid? Do you think most Iraqis consider it legitimate? You know 1/3 of the population did not participate in the electoral process. Are you aware there are there are several wars going on over there right now?
At the least hey find it "more valid" than under Hussein. Re: Electoral Process--I guess Iraqis are more involved in their political process than people in the US. A 2/3 turn-out for voting is astounding. Especially when they were threatend by terrorists to not go to the polls.

I don't see the distinction between Muslim fighters who kill civilians and US soldiers and pilots who do the same. Please enlightmen me.
The distinction is targeting. Terrosists specifically target civilians. We do not.
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

greenG4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2006, 12:02 PM

I'm sending a copy of this thread to my friend in the bureau.
Good. I hope you're serious.
<Witty comment here>
www.healthwebit.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules