Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Fs 1.25 Mdd

Fs 1.25 Mdd
weazbert
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2006, 06:33 PM

hello all, i have for sale a great condition MDD 1.25. it has an 80gb HD, radeon 9000 64MB, 1GB ram, and two optical drives, one being the stock cd-rw/dvd, the other being a stock superdrive from a dual 1.8 G5. this machine has a full tiger install, no disc, and will come with original KB and mouse. i do not have the box or any accessories. i am looking to move this this week, or it will end up on ebay, i am looking for 550.00 shipped, because these things are heavy. :-)

i have great feedback with paypal (70) heatware, and ebay all under this username.

thanks all

celliott47
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 4, 2006, 10:51 PM

PM sent

weazbert  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 5, 2006, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by celliott47
PM sent

replied :-)

celliott47
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 5, 2006, 12:46 AM

back atcha

weazbert  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 8, 2006, 01:52 AM

celliot, havent heard back from you, so still for bump.

a few days till ebay

celliott47
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 9, 2006, 12:48 AM

I sent a PM- sorry for the delay

fleaplus
Feb 9, 2006, 04:55 PM

Ygpm
MacBook Pro (Mid 2007), 2.4Ghz, 2GB DDR2-667Mhz, 160GB, Superdrive, Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT w/256MB, 15.4" WXGA+ LCD

OneMacGuy
Senior User
Feb 9, 2006, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by weazbert
hello all, i have for sale a great condition MDD 1.25. it has an 80gb HD, radeon 9000 64MB, 1GB ram, and two optical drives, one being the stock cd-rw/dvd, the other being a stock superdrive from a dual 1.8 G5. this machine has a full tiger install, no disc, and will come with original KB and mouse. i do not have the box or any accessories. i am looking to move this this week, or it will end up on ebay, i am looking for 550.00 shipped, because these things are heavy. :-)

i have great feedback with paypal (70) heatware, and ebay all under this username.

thanks all
I will DEFINETLY take this for this price if it is still available. PM me here. or email me at onemacguy at hot mail dot com.
Chappaquidick 1, Cheney 0

celliott47
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 9, 2006, 11:11 PM

PM sent

Thanks

celliott47
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 10, 2006, 04:46 PM

OneMacGuy
Senior User
Feb 10, 2006, 09:30 PM

I agree!

cyberee
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 10, 2006, 11:43 PM

hey weazbert... your PM inbox is full!

celliott47
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 10, 2006, 11:51 PM

Hey, weaz- we had a deal, your box is full with no way to contact you. Now you tell me you sold to someone else. Didn't want to post to the board but there is no alternative. What's the deal? I asked one time for e-mail communication but you didn't respond to that request!

weazbert  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2006, 02:27 AM

Hey, weaz- we had a deal, your box is full with no way to contact you. Now you tell me you sold to someone else. Didn't want to post to the board but there is no alternative. What's the deal? I asked one time for e-mail communication but you didn't respond to that request!

yeah we had a deal, which you didn't respond to in time, thats the way things go, i was looking to sell an item . i didn't think there was a need to email you because the deal was a no go by that point, i understand that you had health problms but before today you were still asking if the price as "firm" i received an offer higher than asked, so i took it.

onemac guy, you said to respond if the machine was still avaible, it was not, so i didn't respond.

thanks.

OneMacGuy
Senior User
Feb 11, 2006, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by weazbert
yeah we had a deal, which you didn't respond to in time, thats the way things go, i was looking to sell an item . i didn't think there was a need to email you because the deal was a no go by that point, i understand that you had health problms but before today you were still asking if the price as "firm" i received an offer higher than asked, so i took it.

onemac guy, you said to respond if the machine was still avaible, it was not, so i didn't respond.

thanks.
No, actually I said:

I will DEFINETLY take this for this price if it is still available. PM me here. or email me at onemacguy at hot mail dot com.

I did not say to respond ONLY if it was still available, No biggie though. Glad you sold it someone!

celliott47
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 11, 2006, 12:24 PM

And my response was that I'd send you payment, but I asked to see if the price was firm- we hadn't addressed that issue. My money order was ready, I told you that, I only needed a mailing address which you wouldn't send me, I also asked for an e-mail address because checking PMs all the time is a real pain. I don't always have access to a browser, but I have a number of ways to check my e-mail.
Seems to me like the bottom line is that you agreed to a deal with me, then got a better offer, refused to respond to me, sold it to someone else and to clear your conscience put the blame on me. Wow.

What is this eBay? It's common courtesy when you have an agreed to deal with someone, to not sell out from under them. I never once said anything to cast into doubt that I was buying. I don't know if this is a breach of rules of the fourm, but it's not in the spirit of the way things are done here buy my past experience.

As for not responsing in time- what does that mean? There was no time frame established. Sorry, it ticks me off more everytime I think about it!
( Last edited by celliott47; Feb 11, 2006 at 06:13 PM. )

weazbert  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2006, 08:49 PM

And my response was that I'd send you payment, but I asked to see if the price was firm- we hadn't addressed that issue. My money order was ready, I told you that, I only needed a mailing address which you wouldn't send me, I also asked for an e-mail address because checking PMs all the time is a real pain. I don't always have access to a browser, but I have a number of ways to check my e-mail.
Seems to me like the bottom line is that you agreed to a deal with me, then got a better offer, refused to respond to me, sold it to someone else and to clear your conscience put the blame on me. Wow.

What is this eBay? It's common courtesy when you have an agreed to deal with someone, to not sell out from under them. I never once said anything to cast into doubt that I was buying. I don't know if this is a breach of rules of the fourm, but it's not in the spirit of the way things are done here buy my past experience.

As for not responsing in time- what does that mean? There was no time frame established. Sorry, it ticks me off more everytime I think about it!

hey, i am sorry if your getting "ticked off" but i am not here to comfort you. you dropped the ball, like i said it is unfortunate about your health situations, but i bumped the thread because of lack of communication from you. we didn't have a contract, i have been tradin on these and other boards quite some time, and the rule to live by is first come first serve, and money does more than words. by the time you asked me for an email address, i t was already sold. it as a good deal, and good deals go quick. Time frame? um yes i have a time frame i stated it in the original post, i don't place things for sale to chat about them. i can answer questions and hopefully sell them so yeah thats end of story, i am sorry you ended up ticked off, but hopefully now this expereince has enlightened the both of us

new newton
Banned
Feb 11, 2006, 08:59 PM

Why is bad dealing and poor communication so endemic here?

sledsbehave
Senior User
Feb 11, 2006, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by new newton
Why is bad dealing and poor communication so endemic here?
i have had a bunch of good deals here, just had two, one for some RAM and one for a hard drive, both went off without any problems...

i have had communication problems with a couple of people here, and i just back away usually. the way i see it, if you can't communicate when you want to sell something you are likely gonna do the same when shipping, packing, or anything else that needs special care.

i personally think it's the sellers choice who he sells to. you aren't required to sell to the first responder, if you get a bad feeling about someone and choose to sell to someone else, it's just yr choice.

no one wants to be hassled, whether selling or buying.
as ever,
sonny

celliott47
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 12, 2006, 12:16 AM

My last comment, then I'm dropping it. I said I'd buy it. I asked him for terms- how he'd like to get paid. I asked for an e-mail address before it was sold, or so I was led to beleive at the time. I was sick with pneumonia and was away from the compuyter for a day or two. Nothing changed, I was waiting to hear back on the e-mail address. I asked for his mailing address, I didn't get it. When I told him I had been sick and was sorry I had been away a bit, he replied back, it was not sold then, or at least there was no indication- why respond back asking if I was going to send a check if it was already sold.

Yep, it's your right. Sell to whomever you want, but there used to be an unwritten rule that a man's word was his word- sure there was no contract, but there was a verbal agreement. My lesson is, I guess not to get sick in the middle of a deal. I don't do business that way, maybe that's the way things are now- yep I guess I have learned something.

As always, your mileage may vary.
( Last edited by celliott47; Feb 12, 2006 at 02:34 AM. )

GlassOgnion
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2006, 01:27 AM

Bought a G4 cube from weazbert couple months ago and I had a perfect experience with this seller. Fast transaction, fast payment, fast shipping. Would buy again from him anytime.

new newton
Banned
Feb 12, 2006, 02:48 AM

sure there was no contract, but there was a verbal agreement.
Actually, a verbal agreement is an enforceable contract. There are certain things that must be put in writing in order to have a valid contract, but a transaction such as this doesn't.

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2006, 08:24 AM

ALthough I have never dealt w/ weazbert, I have bought & sold lotsa stuff here over the years without ANY problems whatsoever

Everyone has always been courteous, polite, shipped/paid quickly, and followed up on emails/pm's rather well.....

Yes, illness & delays in communication are a bummer, but hey........stuff happens, and sometimes we win, sometimes we lose Nothing to loose any sleep over !

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Can't we all just get along?"<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

weazbert  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2006, 03:02 PM

"Yes, illness & delays in communication are a bummer, but hey........stuff happens, and sometimes we win, sometimes we lose Nothing to loose any sleep over !"

exactly.

i have dealt with quite a few people here, i even lost out on a G5 a month back but i still stayed here. i have great feedback from heatware, paypal, and ebay. i didn't screw anyone out of anything, its just that delicate time period when you wait to here from someone, and get silence, its all up to the individual how long you wait. all the sellers here know the term "i think i will do it, or i'll take it" then nothing for 2-3 days.......we've all been there, and when a better local deal comes along (MDD's heavy and fragile) its best to take it.

but could just be my opinion.

Forum Links
Forum Rules