Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iweb help (web navigation)

iweb help (web navigation)
onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 22, 2006, 03:36 PM

see the top with the links.
i dont want to have to have a link to fluffy animals and scaly animals in the home page i want to just have "animals" and then when you click on it you can go to fluffy or scaly animals. how would i do this?
Computers:
Macbook Pro: 17in, 2.16Ghz, 120GB HD, 1.5 GB ram.
iBook G4: 1.07Ghz, 60GB HD, 756mb ram (on sale for parts)

sworthy
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2006, 11:06 PM

I had the same problem. The fix isn't terribly intuitive, but it's easy fortunately. Open up the inspector. I don't have my mac on me, but I believe it's in the furthest tab to the left where you can uncheck a box that is automatically on by default.

Mithras
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2006, 11:29 PM

I'm still noodling around with it on the trial period. How do I add another set of navigation links at the bottom of the page?

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Mar 23, 2006, 02:46 AM

OK, do this twice, once while having Fluffy Animals selected, and once when having scary animals selected:

Select 1 of the pages
go to the inspector by pressing the blue i at the bottom of iWeb
Click o the second tab from the left in the inspector
Under where it says the name of your page, unclick "include page in navigation"

This will remove the page from the top navigation bar.
Once you have done this for both, make a new page called Animals, and put two pieces of text on it, one saying fluffy animals and one saying scary animals, and hyperlink them to the appropriate pages.

Now, your site will have a link at the top called 'animals', and when a user clicks on it, they are presented with fluffy or scary, and they can click on either to enter either page

Hope this helps :-D
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

onlykaria  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2006, 04:10 AM

thank you guys!! that did help.

i played around and did more research and found i similar option that is not intuitive but here it goes:

There are different options for this, some are:
1. Create a blank page (Use the Welcome page and delete!) and then create links to Scaly Animals and Fluffy Animals.
2. Use the About me page, delete everything except for the Photo Ablum links and use this as an index page.
3. Use a Photo page and drop on images you want as an album cover, then put a shape over each picture, setting the Opacity to 1%, using the Inspector Graphic Tab, then make the shape a hyperlink to the other pages, using the Link Tab in Inspector.

i like the third option best and its what i went with. but like i said harris its very similar to what you said.
Computers:
Macbook Pro: 17in, 2.16Ghz, 120GB HD, 1.5 GB ram.
iBook G4: 1.07Ghz, 60GB HD, 756mb ram (on sale for parts)

Forum Links
Forum Rules