Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > My MBP likes 4p.m.

My MBP likes 4p.m.
sknapp351
Mac Enthusiast
May 5, 2006, 08:18 PM

Every now and then I notice that my MBP's clock is incorrect. It is now 8:08pm, but my clock said it was 4pm. I had to go to Sys Prefs and uncheck/re-check network time to get it back to being correct. Last time it took almost 20 mins before displaying the correct time. The weird part to me is that I have the exact same issue when booting into XP with Boot Camp. The only time I have had any issue like this was in the past was when the PMU battery went out on an old G4. I thought thought that I had heard with one of the last PowerBook revisions that they had done away with the battery in lieu of a capacitor. I know that if the computer is not saving the clock setting because of a PMU issue there must be other settings I can check. Most of my settings are factory, so I might not even notice if they changed.
SAm

MacBook Pro 2.0 1GHZ All factory.
{edited for grammer...I'm picky}

amazing
Professional Poster
May 5, 2006, 09:16 PM

Gotta say, I like the title of the thread! I think your MBP shows great taste and a fine understanding of its place in the working world. 4 pm on a Friday means that its getting ready for the FAC.

I presume you have checked the correct time zone?

sknapp351  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 5, 2006, 09:22 PM

Yep, time zone is correct on both 10.4.6 and XP. When I get a moment I will restart and see if it makes a difference. If not I will boot into XP and see if that makes a difference. Weird.
SAm

phantomo
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2006, 09:30 PM

It is a known fact that after you boot Xp with Boot Camp, you clock will reset.

An article for reference. http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/05/m...ves-unscathed/
15"MBP/C2D2.4GHz/4GB RAM/320GB HD
15"MBP/C2D2.16GHz/3GB RAM/250GB HD
12"PB/1GHz/768MB/60GB/SuperDrive/AE
iPhone 8GB/iPod video 30GB

sllowry
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 6, 2006, 04:16 AM

My MBP only displays INCORRECT time when I boot into XP. Back to OSX it's normal again. Adjusting XP time wouldn't help either cuz it goes haywire the next time I use BootCamp XP.
Refuse to be Average
MBP 15" 2.0GHz, 2GB Ram, OS X 10.4.6

phantomo
Dedicated MacNNer
May 8, 2006, 05:17 AM

Yup, if you boot back to OS X, it should be normal because it will connect to time server and grab the correct time from time server (if this is set under System Preference).
15"MBP/C2D2.4GHz/4GB RAM/320GB HD
15"MBP/C2D2.16GHz/3GB RAM/250GB HD
12"PB/1GHz/768MB/60GB/SuperDrive/AE
iPhone 8GB/iPod video 30GB

Forum Links
Forum Rules