Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Mac Pro to iMac backup

Mac Pro to iMac backup
crowe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 25, 2015, 01:42 PM

Yesterday I backed up, through the new iMac Migration app., my entire Mac Pro HDD to the iMac primarily to preserve work flow continuity and, foremost, to get my photographs from MP to iMac. Everything went as planned with no problems. My question is: Now that I have the MP's data on the iMac HDD I need to edit, with LightRoom and PhotoShop, a heck of a lot of photos for clients. The MP is on a separate log in than the iMac and the new software is on the iMac along with Adobe CC. I also want to upload the photographs to iCloud where I have 200 GB's of memory/Storage waiting. Two things. icloud does not show my photographs under the iMac login and my photographs are on the MP in the iMac HDD since the migration. What I am looking for, if possible, is to work with both installations under one computer. I have never had to do this before but a ton of stuff was moved to the iMac from the MP. The separation of the two data is something I would like to somehow integrate so that I could work on both with a single desktop which is the iMac as the MP is unplugged but its contents are on the iMac HDD.

The other thing is that I hope I explained this correctly. Pheww.

ibook_steve
Jan 26, 2015, 04:40 PM

Uh...what?

If you moved everything from the MP to the iMac, why do you still need to do anything with the MP?

Maybe it's not clear to me what your final goal is here.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Forum Links
Forum Rules