Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Looking to buy Parallels, looking for coupon so save money?

Looking to buy Parallels, looking for coupon so save money?
Mac Write
Mac Elite
May 26, 2007, 05:12 AM

I am considering buying Parallels Desktop for Mac, but at the time it was $49 I didn't think I would be on an Intel Mac for 3+ years (if not longer). Well last month I got a "FREE" Mac Pro (fell off a truck so to speak). Anyways, since money is extremely tight (esp after having to buy XP Pro ), I am trying to find $10-$20+ off coupons for Parallels. I am not in the US so I can't order from a US place that might offer the boxed version cheap (shipping would kill the savings).

Suggestions?
Get busy living or get busy dying
--Stephen King

ghporter
Administrator
May 26, 2007, 10:50 AM

Student discount? Getting it off the same truck your MBP fell off of? Eat ramen noodles for a month?

There's no reason to pay shipping for Parallels, because you can order it online and download it. And you can also find Windows XP Pro for a lot less than list if you look hard-probably about $100US at places like Newegg. And again, there are potential student discounts; my school's bookstore has XP Pro for about $25 due to a campus level contract with Microsoft.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

jasmine
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 26, 2007, 01:07 PM

wow. this is the most beautiful vBulletin that i've ever seen...

anyway, have you tried SearchAllDeals? i've seen pretty good deals for parallels there.

SearchAllDeals.com - Search all deal and coupons sites at once for Parallels Desktop

Mac Write  (op)
Mac Elite
May 26, 2007, 03:29 PM

It's a Mac Pro not MBP. I already got XP Pro for $58.89CDN thanks to sales I had done for a computer store. that link says CompUSA has it for $69 but then the shipping the boxed version (yes there is a boxed version) to Canada would wipe that out. Also I am not a student and don't know one.
--Stephen King

JKT
Professional Poster
May 26, 2007, 04:11 PM

Given that it is currently free, can you use Bootcamp until you can afford to get Parallels at a later date?

Mac Write  (op)
Mac Elite
May 26, 2007, 04:58 PM

I have $50CDN for my Birthday, was going to use it to get Splinter Cell 1/2 pack+Rainbow Six Lockdown. Since I have Splinter Cell 3/4 that can tide me over. I need it so I can test websites on Windows and Mac without rebooting,as well as wanting to play with other OS's.
--Stephen King

ghporter
Administrator
May 26, 2007, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by jasmine View Post
wow. this is the most beautiful vBulletin that i've ever seen...
Thanks. Our designer worked his hind off making it look nice. It's kind of surprising how bad some vBulletin boards are, really-from cluttered to garish to downright UGLY! Glad you like it. Oh, and WELCOME!

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Mac Write  (op)
Mac Elite
May 26, 2007, 11:11 PM

Screw the discount. I just bought it directly.
--Stephen King

Forum Links
Forum Rules