Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Apple Music for Android gains microSD card support, Beats 1 schedule

Apple Music for Android gains microSD card support, Beats 1 schedule
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Feb 4, 2016, 09:03 AM

Apple has rolled out an update to Apple Music for Android that takes advantage of one feature many Android devices possess: microSD card storage. Version 0.9.5 of the Android app now allows users to download songs to a memory card for offline listening, a new addition that means Android subscribers will not have to worry about music tracks taking up too much space from the smartphone's existing and limited internal storage.

Unlike iPhones and iPads, the majority of Android devices on the market have some capability to use a microSD card alongside typically smaller built-in storage, with a large memory card used for holding unimportant or large files, such as videos and music. Many Android apps already take advantage of this, including Google Play Music All Access, which lets users select which storage location to put downloaded tracks.

Support for microSD cards is one of a number of changes to the Apple Music app. The latest version also adds in the full schedule of Beats 1, as well as the ability to browse My Music by composers and compilations, helpful when searching for classical music or movie soundtracks.

Launched in November, the Android port of Apple Music went live five months after it was initially announced. The app is still classed by Apple as being in beta.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Feb 4, 2016 at 02:23 PM. )

jameshays
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2016, 11:52 AM

New Year, New View. Now with more ads and even more things I don't want to see. It takes longer to scan the page and as such, I find my self wanting to come back to it less than before. Now its a similar format to all the other news sites that I stopped visiting for the same reason.

jameshays
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2016, 11:53 AM

New Year, New View. Now with more ads and even more things I don't want to see. It takes longer to scan the page and as such, I find my self wanting to come back to it less than before. Now it's a similar format to all the other news sites that I stopped visiting for the same reason.

Chaos
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2016, 09:58 PM

This is going to take longer for me to get used to than any other website redesign I have ever encountered because I actually had no problem whatsoever with the previous layout. This was not necessary.

daqman
Forum Regular
Feb 5, 2016, 03:53 PM

Why does everyone have a large black circle after their name in the comments on the new website? It looks like there should be a personal avatar but I can't find any preferences that allow a user to set one. Is this a future feature?
Beware of geeks bearing Gifs

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Feb 5, 2016, 05:12 PM

I believe so.

panjandrum
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 5, 2016, 10:17 PM

It appears that your site is dropping comments again. I know there was some trouble with this on the old design that was fixed, but it seems to be back. I made a couple relatively positive comments on the site design after Mike's final comment asking for an email (not in this comment thread, but rather in the comment thread for the site-redesign piece). Both of them have disappeared and I'm seeing no additional comments on that article past Mike's comment of Feb 4, 2016 at 2:32pm.

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Feb 5, 2016, 10:21 PM

The site isn't dropping comments, they're all still in the forums. We're working the problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules