Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iPhoto Library problems

iPhoto Library problems
cpn
Jul 5, 2009, 12:59 PM

The photos in the iPhoto Library software don't include all of the photos in the folder iPhoto Library on my iMac.

As I look at the iPhoto Library folder, I see folders for the years 2005 to 2009. I also see two folders called Modified and Originals that contain the same years (except that Modified doesn't contain 2007), but the photos in these two folders and the other group of year folders do not match one-for-one.

Two questions:
1. Does using different cameras result in different year folders?
2. How can I get all of the photos in my iPhoto Library folder to appear in the iPhoto LIbrary software organizer?

iPhoto 6.0.6. iMac OS X 10.5.7. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM.

skybolt
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 6, 2009, 10:16 AM

First of all, did you do anything to the photos that don't show up in the app by changing them in the finder? Generally, it is a bad idea to go messing about in the finder, it will corrupt the app's ability to find photos. Having said that, the photos that are missing in the app could be dragged out of the finder to your dekstop and then reimported via the app. Drag them from the "originals" folder. Once they are showing in the app, stay out of the library in finder.

A rebuild could also help. See here for instructions: iPhoto 6 and later: Rebuilding the iPhoto library
Mary

Forum Links
Forum Rules