Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Crumpler/Booq Pack Pictures?

Crumpler/Booq Pack Pictures?
Jaw3000
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2005, 05:50 PM

I'm trying to decide which bag/backpack I should get for my new 15" PowerBook, and I'm seriously considering either the Crumpler King Single backpack or the Booq Boa. From the pictures on their sites, I can't tell how much they can actually hold. I will need to carry the PowerBook (I have a Booq viper sleeve), a spiral notebook or two, and a book or two. Does anyone know where there are some reviews or some more pictures of these packs? Or, any recommendation other than these (I've read the sticky thread). Thanks!

iomatic
Mac Elite
Nov 20, 2005, 06:19 PM

The quality of Booq is simply outstanding. I can only attest to their sleeves, however.

wuzup101
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 20, 2005, 11:42 PM

I have a smaller crumpler bag (crippy duck I believe it's called). I only use it when I either have too much in my backpack to carry my 15" or when I only need to carry the 15". I do like the bag a whole lot. Quality is great, and it looks nice and has a decent amount of padding in it for the 15" which it fits perfectly. I would recomend crumpler to anyone...
Mac: 15" 1.5ghz PB w/ 128mb vid, 5400rpm 80gb, combo drive, 2gb ram
Peripherals: 20gb 4g iPod, Canon i950, Canon S230 "elph", Canon LIDE30, Logitech MX510, Logitech z5500, M-Audio Sonica Theater, Samsung 191T
PC: AMD "barton" XP @ 2.3ghz, 1gb pc3200, 9800pro 128mb, 120gb WD-SE 120gb
Xbox: 1.6, modded with X3 xecuter, slayers evoX 2.6, WDSE 120gb HDD

Jaw3000  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2005, 12:37 AM

Crumpler seems to be highly recomended (as is Booq), and I like their style, but my main holdback would be space. I haven't been able to find any inside pictures of the Crumpler King Single backpack, so I'm not sure how much it can hold (it is too small or too big for me?), which I find a little strange. Like I mentioned, I'm a college student, and will need to be carrying my 15" PB (in it's new Booq Viper sleeve), along with some spiral notebooks and maybe a book or two. Can anyone attest to its storage capacity, or better yet, know where there might be some pictures?

Thanks!

legionare
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 23, 2005, 04:25 PM

Booq, and save 10% with promo code "pbzone05" courtsey of pbzone.com.

munkyboy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 2, 2005, 06:33 PM

found these pictures. hope it helps. I'm also considering getting this bag for my 15" PB...
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/mjsoft/449313/563461/678384/

bschmidt
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 25, 2005, 10:50 PM

Here are some Booq Boa.XM pictures. Let us know which (Crumpler vs Boa) bag you go with! best, ...bschmidt

http://laptoplogic.com/reviews/detai...d=95&part=full

scoot
Dec 28, 2005, 12:22 AM

I have the Booq Boa.XL. I ordered it based largely on two things.

1. It holds the PB 17.
2. Booq was reputed in these forums and others to have excellent warranty coverage.

I've carried the PB, a notebook, the front pockets full of random computery stuff, and a couple of textbooks. At one point, I had the PB and an old PB Titanium bouncing around in there. Note that mine were normal-sized textbooks, not gargantuan tomes. I suspect one really big one, and a couple of small books would work, though.

At Macworld last year, it carried my PB and no textbooks. It did, however, have my D70, in its case, which also held a couple of filters, extra batteries, cables, and two lenses. (Don't haul this over one shoulder for the whole day- it will kill your back. I was an idiot...)

It recently developed a bad zipper, and one of the pocket seams went. The bag has not been treated especially well, as it's meant to absorb punishment, so I'm not terribly surprised.

Their service is indeed outstanding. Within 30 days, free replacement or repair. After that, lifetime replacement or repair, but you pay shipping.

I finally got around to filling out the claim form online Christmas evening.
Monday morning, at 9 am sharp, I received an email requesting pics of the broken bits, shipping address, and credit card to cover shipping. I sent a reply at 11:06. At 11:21, I received another email confirming my 'order' of one replacement bag at $0.00, and FedEx shipping at $10.36.

The bag shipped today at about noon.

Instant response.
Almost-instant confirmation and order placement.
Shipping of replacement the next day.
Absolutely NO hassle.
--
Scott

Forum Links
Forum Rules