Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Can I sell these discs?

Can I sell these discs? (Page 2)
macgyvr64
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 9, 2004, 01:22 AM

Originally posted by Mr. Blur:
And while this guy may not make $129 on them, the people that buy his illegimate discs are *not* paying Apple for what they are using....bottom line is it is wrong.
They're only illegitimate as far as licensing is concerned. The discs are retail, which is good enough for me. I'd buy a set for cheap if I didn't already have Panther.

SouthPaW1227
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 9, 2004, 01:28 AM

But 'em all on eBay. Sell. Profit.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Dec 9, 2004, 01:46 AM

Originally posted by macgyvr64:
They're only illegitimate as far as licensing is concerned. The discs are retail, which is good enough for me. I'd buy a set for cheap if I didn't already have Panther.
Ok, so we know you're cheap and have no qualms over buying and using illegal software.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

macgyvr64
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 9, 2004, 01:49 AM

Originally posted by Randman:
Ok, so we know you're cheap and have no qualms over buying and using illegal software.
Indeed. Or just downloading. I gladly pay for hardware, though. *new Dual 2.0 G5* And shareware when it's nicely done. I love good software that "just works".

torsoboy
Mac Elite
Dec 9, 2004, 05:12 AM

Originally posted by macgyvr64:
He got the discs for free, why not sell them? I'm not one to go scamming people, but I would sell them as-is. Apple got their money; someone bought a Mac with each of those sets. And it's not like l008com will be making a retail Panther $129 on each set...maybe $25 each. There are far worse things you could do.
I'm with most everyone here... selling them would be illegal. he knows where the disks came from, and he has no licenses to accompany the disks. if he stated in his auction that he is only selling the disc and not the licence to use it, it would probably be fine. but just saying "as is" when he knows that it would be illegal to use them (don't kid yourself, all of us know that it would be illegal) is wrong.

If the OP is looking for rationalization for selling something that he knows is illegal, he will disregard all posts except those saying to sell them anyone. If he is looking for answers on the legality of it, he should now know that it is illegal and not try to sell them.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Dec 9, 2004, 05:17 AM

Originally posted by torsoboy:
If the OP is looking for rationalization for selling something that he knows is illegal, he will disregard all posts except those saying to sell them anyone. If he is looking for answers on the legality of it, he should now know that it is illegal and not try to sell them.
Very well said.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Forum Links
Forum Rules