Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Woody Allen, do you believe?

Woody Allen, do you believe?
Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Feb 8, 2014, 06:25 AM

Do you believe Dylan Farrow's story about how Allen molested her throughout her childhood? I do, it sounds too real and painful to be made up. He needs to be charged and tried, but it'll never happen, he has too much influence. This reminds me so much of Polanski, how huge hollywood stars took his side, tearing the young female victim down, destroying her life, out of some twisted sense of loyalty to a monster.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Feb 8, 2014, 08:41 AM

As Katt Williams said about Michael Jackson, "People been sayin' them things about Michael jackson for 30 years" So it prolly ain't just a rumor.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2014, 11:27 AM

As the present situation in the UK shows, I have a feeling that our 70s and 80s celebs got away with much more than we think.

The same Woody Allen that ended up marrying his adopted daughter? It can't be true !!!!

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 8, 2014, 03:32 PM

Not that I'm an expert, but the story as I've heard doesn't fit the profile. I'd expect probing attacks of some fashion, and going back to that well multiple times once he realized it had water.

Mia also seems like mega-nutbag to me.

That said, I've boycotted his movies since a little after he shacked-up with Soon-Yi. That was enough for me.
( Last edited by subego; Feb 8, 2014 at 03:44 PM. )

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 8, 2014, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
As Katt Williams said about Michael Jackson, "People been sayin' them things about Michael jackson for 30 years" So it prolly ain't just a rumor.
The Internet has kinda wrecked this, but back in the day, you could be almost assured that most rumors which made it out of LA were true.

Also: knew a guy who worked for MJ. His opinion: man-child. There was sexual stuff going on, but not quite like it would be perpetrated as an adult. He was quick to say that wasn't a justification, but that it's was different than how other adults imagined things going down.

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 8, 2014, 04:45 PM

Also also also, this thread calls for a repeat of this story.

When the Woody/Soon-Yi thing first broke. One of Mia's ex-husbands offered to "break Woody's legs".

She wouldn't say which ex-husband made the offer, but I will allow you to enter in your guess below.

A) Andre Previn
B) Frank Sinatra

Shaddim  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 8, 2014, 06:24 PM

For those who may be on the fence, more to consider.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 8, 2014, 09:57 PM

All worth considering, except for the polygraph one.

andi*pandi
Feb 8, 2014, 11:20 PM

He has creeped me out ever since the soon yi thing, but even that is less creepy than what he is accused of with his own daughter. Either he abused Dylan, or her mother convinced her that he did, either way that girl is messed up. Her blog post seems pretty real.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2014, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
He has creeped me out ever since the soon yi thing, but even that is less creepy than what he is accused of with his own daughter. Either he abused Dylan, or her mother convinced her that he did, either way that girl is messed up. Her blog post seems pretty real.
Reckon he has a problem about what a 'daughter' actually is.

P
Feb 9, 2014, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
For those who may be on the fence, more to consider.
Thanks for that link. The judgement linked from that post makes for good reading, and explains most of what happened.

Having read that, I think that the daughter's story is likely true, but that it will never be shown beyond reasonable doubt. I also think that she seems to have come out of it, which is remarkable - even if the explicitly sexual allegations are untrue, there's enough there to drive any child insane even without that.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Shaddim  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 10, 2014, 07:37 AM

I myself was "on the fence" regarding the worst of it, mainly thinking Allen was simply a freaky old man, but given what's been revealed in court and brought out as evidence, I can only conclude that he's a pedophile and predator. I know there will be no real justice for Dylan, the creep is too wealthy and insulated, but he should never be allowed to be around children again, his own or anyone else's.
- Thomas Paine

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2014, 11:52 AM

I am not surprised at all - just watch the film "Manhattan". But there is a line that gets crossed once you're trying to hook up with a child, as opposed to a mature 16 or 17 year old.

We should start calling Woody Mr. Herbert.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2014, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Also also also, this thread calls for a repeat of this story.

When the Woody/Soon-Yi thing first broke. One of Mia's ex-husbands offered to "break Woody's legs".

She wouldn't say which ex-husband made the offer, but I will allow you to enter in your guess below.

A) Andre Previn
B) Frank Sinatra
My guess is B) Frank Sinatra and his mob buddies

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 10, 2014, 06:47 PM

I vote for the obvious ass-kicker.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2014, 09:55 AM

He kills you with his gaze.