Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Macbook Pro 2.2GHz C2D - dead logic board

Macbook Pro 2.2GHz C2D - dead logic board
ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 18, 2010, 12:14 PM

Well my trusty mid-2007, non-unibody MBP died a couple days ago - logic board is fried apparently. No idea why; put it to sleep, woke it up 5 minutes later, it's dead.

Anyone want it for parts? I took the (120 gig) hard drive out. This was the model with 128meg GeForce 8600M GT vid card. It's got 4 gigs of Kingston RAM (2x2gig) that's brand-new and installed, oh, 3 weeks ago (HAH!), a moderately worn case, a moderately worn screen that should be fine (well it was 5 minutes before it died anyway?!?)... perfectly functioning keyboard. DVD drive is on the way out, power cord is frayed to the point of dangerousness, and the battery will probably need to be replaced in the next couple months.

Basically, this is me saying "anyone want this thing for some RAM and/or a couple spare parts and/or to take apart and see what it's like?"

I don't even know what that's worth. Would I even get $200? I dunno; I'm moving provinces next week, and I don't want to have to carry this with me. If anyone is interested, let me know.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

boston44
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 18, 2010, 01:34 PM

I'd consider $150 shipped for it to use as parts.. Thanks.

ShortcutToMoncton  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 18, 2010, 03:58 PM

Where you located?
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

chipchen
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2010, 12:05 AM

I'll take it for $200. Are we talking about US$? (about the same anyway?) So long as it's in decent condition cosmetically, and no water or liquid damage (you didn't spill anything into it right?).

Can I get some pics?

Forum Links
Forum Rules