Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Borderlands 2

Borderlands 2 (Page 3)
mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 9, 2012, 07:41 AM

What level are you Dakar?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 9, 2012, 07:44 AM

28, i believe. Not far off from 29.

Edit: Sign of times, but I wish there was online stats for borderlands. Compares levels, badass points, skill trees, challenges, maybe even weapons and mods and stuff. Can't get enough.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 9, 2012, 08:07 AM

Well I bought the season pass so I'm definitely going to do Mechromancer now that it is released.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 9, 2012, 08:08 AM

Don't DL it yet. reading save file deletions and badass point glitches are occasionally happening.

Also Mechromancer is supposedly not part of season pass, but is a pre-order bonus.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 9, 2012, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
28, i believe. Not far off from 29.
Edit: Sign of times, but I wish there was online stats for borderlands. Compares levels, badass points, skill trees, challenges, maybe even weapons and mods and stuff. Can't get enough.
Absolutely agree.

One thing that I regret is not having done many side quests. I'm going to try and join lower level players to finish some of them. And I'd recommend doing the last battle as much as possible, the XP is just amazing. I did die alot though.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 9, 2012, 08:15 AM

I'm a side-mission whore. I've always been a grinder so I don't mind being over-leveled from main missions. Nothing tells you how much health all the badass and end enemies have like fighting them several levels later and their still taking a beating.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 9, 2012, 11:08 AM

Agreed again. There's a fine line between 'challenging' and 'fookin frustrating'. I follow Ruark : 'Use enough gun'.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 9, 2012, 04:55 PM

You going to be around tonight Dakar?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 9, 2012, 04:59 PM

On in a min

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2012, 04:15 AM

You may want to be careful about using the necromancer. I saw a comment from a gamer that it resets some stats. He gave this link
http://www.complex.com/video-games/2012/10/borderlands-2s-necromancer-class-released-a-week-early-but-beware-lost-progress

I haven't checked it out since I don't play the game. I'll let one of you check it out.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2012, 07:06 AM

Download of this was cancelled last night just after seeing Dakar's post regarding the same issue.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2012, 07:58 AM

Oh, yeah, I just re-read his post. Duhhh.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2012, 10:10 AM

Forgot to say before. 2 players in True Vault Hunter mode, one with a 1500 dmg slag sniper and the other with a 2000 dmg normal sniper is deffo the way to go. Once my mate slagged 'em I was getting 4000 dmg. Criticals were above 11,000 dmg.

Damage comparison in the weapons section : rocket launcher with 4200 x 3 is classed as higher than one with 12,000. Yet the grenades aren't classed the same way, even if the multiple makes an overall higher damage. Bizarre.

And tonight there's a 200M compatibility pack to download.

Finally to whet the appetite of those who haven't finished the 1st playthrough, my weapons : std sniper 2000 dmg, slag 1800, fire 1000 and corrosive 1500. Assault rifle (2) 1000 and a 850 x 3, std pistol 1000. And a rocket launcher that does 5700 x 3 dmg that is shite at range. Level 32 btw. Everything else gets sold. Oh yeah 6200 dmg grenades (singularity). Shield is 3000.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 10, 2012, 03:13 PM

The update is finally working properly, shall we try again?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 10, 2012, 03:25 PM

Sure, what time?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 10, 2012, 03:57 PM

I can make it on by 9:30

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2012, 11:20 PM

All these Oakland A's vs Detroit Tiger games I'm attending is taking away from my Borderlands 2 playtime. I'll be on Friday night for sure. Hopefully you guys will not be past rank 35 by then.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 11, 2012, 06:21 AM

Baseball? Pfffffffft

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 11, 2012, 07:27 AM

I was tired, but I'm sure that I saw a certain DakarZero at level 7 last night.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 11, 2012, 09:15 AM

Baseball? Pfffffffft

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 11, 2012, 09:19 AM

If it were more like this:

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 11, 2012, 12:27 PM

I know right?

Basketball is much easier since you only need to watch the last 5 minutes of every game.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 11, 2012, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I know right?  

Basketball is much easier since you only need to watch the last 5 minutes of every game.
Baseball is 3 hours of inactivity, interrupted by incredibly brief moments of action.

gradient
Mac Elite
Oct 11, 2012, 04:26 PM

So is it confirmed that the Mecromancer update is totally fixed and won't nuke anything? I've avoided the the game completely since, just in case. Decided to start on ME3 that was collecting dust on the shelf instead. Will definitely ditch it for Borderlands if there's nothing to worry about, though.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 12, 2012, 08:30 AM

The Eridium Blight is just a massive, massive map.

I think I discovered something last night – I think the TK Baha Chairs are indicators that a loot chest is nearby.

Speaking of loot, again, I'm having better luck without fatty than with. We killed a few Ultimate Goliaths and loot goons or midgets and they weren't even dropping weps. Terrible.

Also, Buzzards are annoying.

Crosbie, if all three of us are on tonight I say we do a farming run on BUNKR, then hit up the Blight and do some main story missions.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2012, 11:32 AM

Level 34, doing a Level 33 mission, on my own. I've been killed 5 times in a row.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2012, 12:40 PM

Crosbie, if all three of us are on tonight I say we do a farming run on BUNKR, then hit up the Blight and do some main story missions.
Sounds good. What time will you guys be on?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 12, 2012, 12:44 PM

I leave that to fatness. I may be on and off doing side-quests.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 15, 2012, 07:31 AM

Alright, writing down a few projects where I can't forget:

• Farm Hunter Hellquist for The Bee
• Farm Jack & The Warrior
• Make pilgrimage from Clap Traps HIdeout to top of Volcano
• FInish the Circle of Slaughter
• Meet/Fight Terra

---

We did the Hyperion Circly of Slaughter last night. Since I was host, all enemies were scaled to me, which ended up being hell as fatty was .5-1 level behind me, and crosbie 1 to 1.5 behind. You know what sucks? Two overleveled Super Badass WAR Loaders. Who are immediately replaced by counterparts. So much death. Ultimately we had to have crosbie hide for the last round after fatty and I died, and grinded through the final round over half an hour.

Mission rewards not being identical for all players is killing me. Sucks to be the odd man out on a particularly lucky roll on a weapon.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 15, 2012, 09:21 AM

Oh yeah, this too.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 15, 2012, 09:30 AM

Also, DLC some out tomorrow. Wouldn't mind hitting it up in P1.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2012, 11:15 AM

Did the last boss again last night. When its over you have to flip a switch. The dead body of the boss was laying over the switch.

Guess what?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 16, 2012, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Did the last boss again last night. When its over you have to flip a switch. The dead body of the boss was laying over the switch.
Guess what?
Wait, what boss has a switch you need to flip afterwards?

Did the final boss again last night. Picked up a sweet SMG finally. Crosbie got a crazy AR. Otherwise, some decent whites. My sniper situation is kinda precarious right now as most of them are whites now, with exception to a flame sniper which is always a terrible element to have to rely on.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2012, 09:19 AM

Wait, what boss has a switch you need to flip afterwards?
Did the final boss again last night. Picked up a sweet SMG finally. Crosbie got a crazy AR. Otherwise, some decent whites. My sniper situation is kinda precarious right now as most of them are whites now, with exception to a flame sniper which is always a terrible element to have to rely on.
The final one, The Warrior. Jack was still under his shield cover.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 16, 2012, 09:24 AM

Oh, I see you did the story quest again. We killed The Warrior again last night, no Jack no button pressing required.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2012, 01:33 PM

I'd love to understand the damage that gets allocated to weapons that you can find, is it anything to do with your character, usage etc.

I've got beastly rocket launchers (33K) and pistols (2K) and SMGs (1K) and Assault rifles (3K) but I haven't found a sniper over 4000dmg yet. 2 mates who are the same level (Gunzerker and Zero) have found 4000+dmg snipers.

Level 38 btw.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 17, 2012, 09:58 AM

Started the booty DLC last night. Reminds me of Dr. Zed in that a lot of the enemies feel reskinned. Also, like Dr. Zed, I'm unimpressed. Like Dr. Zed, I'm also overleveled for PT1. Have a feeling this will be the weakest of what comes out.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 19, 2012, 06:43 AM

Started TVHM last night. Would hate to be doing that solo.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 19, 2012, 06:46 AM

BTW guys, hilariously, if we need to grind some XP, the DLC we just completed is the ideal place to do it.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 19, 2012, 09:36 AM

Also, last night sucked so much, I'm kinda considering switching characters. Just like in BL1.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2012, 02:44 PM

Started TVHM last night. Would hate to be doing that solo.
Its expensive.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2012, 02:53 PM

Thought that some might find these figures interesting hence the long post.

I'm now Level 43. I've got $640K. All ammo stuff is maxed out. Nothing to spend Iridium on. Badass rank is 4732. The weapons that I have :

Pistol, lvl 40, 4200 dmg, 96.4 accuracy, 16.7 fire rate, 2.3 reload and 10 in the mag. +100% melee dmg. Haven't used another firearm since I got it. Love it.
Pistol, lvl 36, 2000 slag dmg, 88 accuracy. Not bad but only 20% chance to slag so you have to spam it.

Assault rifle, lvl 37, 3800 dmg. Worth $36k for some reason.

SMG, lvl 32, 700 dmg, corrosive plasma jobbie. Sounds like a laser.
SMG, lvl 38, slag, 700 dmg.

Sniper, lvl 37, 5700 dmg, 97 accuracy. Slow fire rate.
Sniper, lvl 36, 2500 corrosive dmg. 4.5 fire rate so you can spam the target. Fav sniper. Worth $8k
Sniper, lvl 37, 3000 corrosive dmg. Don't really kow why I've still got it, hardly ever use it.
Sniper, lvl 39, 3400 fire dmg.
None of the snipers are the rapid fire when zoomed type, they're shite and you just go through too much ammo.

Shotgun, lvl 39, 1700x13 dmg. Bonus explosive dmg. Useless except when the bastards are all over you.

Rocket Launcher, had a 38k dmg but it was too slow to reload
Rocket Launcher, lvl 37, 21k slag dmg. Still slow to reload but playable.

10k elec spike shield. Lvl 39

14k dmg grenade. Singularity jobbie. Lvl 38

XP experience jobbie from Moxxi, +6.8% lvl 35

+29% faster cooldown for the turret. lvl 39

Nothing stored in the bank. I only pick up stuff thats worth over $2K now.

Oh, I've got 2 turrets.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 21, 2012, 05:10 PM

Anyone around tonight? Bueler?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 22, 2012, 06:22 AM

You guys wanna post your current skill trees? Curious on what Crosbie is using, and how widely different sek's Zero build is from my own.

Commando

Assassin

---

Spent the weekend using Maya. It's a difficult situation for me. I'm far more effective a sniper with Zero, but otherwise I find his action skill to be worthless – I only utilize it for distraction and escape.

With Maya, I've noticed my crits, particularly with sniping, are far weaker. Part of this is being behind on skill points but part of it is also the skills themselves. On the flipside, just playing with sek and crosbie last night, even though I couldn't do any damage to the enemies, I still managed to contribute by phaselocking the strongest enemies, ones chasing weakened compatriots, and insta-resing compatriots from a distance.

Compared to how crappy I felt playing with sek Zero & Zero earlier, it feels somewhat reassuring. I don't wanna say sek's build is better than mine, but certainly if you don't find meleeing to be completely missing the point of the game, it is more effective. Between that and his sniper loot priority, I'm at a serious disadvantage.

Speaking of loot, I think I can boil down priorities in the playthroughs to this:
PT1: Skills
PT2: Weapons

Of course, if I'm right, that means my Zero character is just some loot away from being viable again. Certainly my fixation on elemental shields is probably hamstringing me.

The other issue is I just find so many of the weapons unusable. I find good shotguns with some regularity, but they just don't seem lethal enough even from point blank. Pistols aren't good during frenetic fights. Bolt-action or burst snipers are too common.

Then going to brands, there are too many I find have features that make them nigh-unsuable unless they're over-powered.

Jakobs is usually unwieldy, slightly slow, and semi-automatic and never elemental. Also it seems like most of the high damage consume extra ammo.
Torgue is good, except their bullets have travel-time, making them unusable from distance, and tricky unless foes are at a standstill or charging you.
Hyperion is also cool but suffers from severe recoil, particularly the first shot.
Dahl is burst-fire too often, limiting their close-quarters usefulness. Great for a secondary, but can't be relied upon as a main weapon.
Tediore always throws to reload, which is jarring and wastes ammunition in the clip.

That leaves me with Bandit (Huge mags), Maliwan (my perennial favorite), and Vladof. Slim pickings.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2012, 09:14 AM

You guys wanna post your current skill trees? Curious on what Crosbie is using, and how widely different sek's Zero build is from my own.
I can't get the page to load properly on my work computer but my skill tree for Axton is basically this:

Guerrilla:
5pts - Sentry (Increases number of shots from turret.)
5pts - Laser Site (Increases accuracy of your turret.)
1pt - Scorched Earth (Adds rockets to your turret.)

Survival:
5pts - Healthy (Increases your maximum health.)
5pts - Last Ditch Effort (Increases gun damage while in fight for your life)
5pts - Forbearance (Reduces duration of status effects on you. ie, corrosive, slagged, electrocuted)
7pts - Resourceful (Reduces turret cool down time)
1pt - Phalanx Shield (adds a shield to your turret)
1pt - Mag-Lock (Turret can be deployed on walls and ceilings)
I have not unlocked these last 2 items yet.
1 of 5 pts - Grit (You gain a chance to ignore damage that would otherwise kill you.)
0 of 1 pts - Gemini (Adds a second turret)

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 22, 2012, 09:18 AM

That's my fault. I think you need to go to the homepage and put in a birthdate.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 22, 2012, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
I can't get the page to load properly on my work computer but my skill tree for Axton is basically this:

Guerrilla:
  5pts - Sentry (Increases number of shots from turret.)
  5pts - Laser Site (Increases accuracy of your turret.)
  1pt - Scorched Earth (Adds rockets to your turret.)

Survival:
  5pts - Healthy (Increases your maximum health.)
  5pts - Last Ditch Effort (Increases gun damage while in fight for your life)
  5pts - Forbearance (Reduces duration of status effects on you.  ie, corrosive, slagged, electrocuted)
  7pts - Resourceful (Reduces turret cool down time)
  1pt - Phalanx Shield (adds a shield to your turret)
  1pt - Mag-Lock (Turret can be deployed on walls and ceilings)
I have not unlocked these last 2 items yet.
  1 of 5 pts - Grit (You gain a chance to ignore damage that would otherwise kill you.)
  0 of 1 pts - Gemini (Adds a second turret)
Not much to argue with there. I'd probably move the points from Last Ditch Effort to preparation and squeeze spare points at the end into Impact.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2012, 10:16 AM

Still probs loading the skilltree pages, and the forums.

Mines similar to Stogie, but I didn't add accuracy, instead I chose Impact.
Sentry and Willing have 5 pts. 1 for Scorched Earth.
Healthy, Preparation, Forebearance and Resourceful have all got 5 pts. 2 on Grit, 1 on Last Ditch, 1 on Pressure and 1 on Gemini.

No idea where to put 3 of the last 4 skill points. Can you tell if Accuracy actually makes a difference?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 22, 2012, 10:19 AM

Yeah, site doesn't seem to be loading for me now, either.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 22, 2012, 10:19 AM

Yeah the skill tree page does not want to load at all.

Forum Links
Forum Rules