Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > How many little white apples have you collected?

How many little white apples have you collected?
dzp111
Senior User
Dec 15, 2010, 09:24 PM

Those little stickers I get each time I've bought an Apple device.

I've stuck one on my guitar case many years ago, one's on my iPad's case, and that's about it. The rest are still in their respective boxes.

Total amount of white Apple stickers collected over the years: approx. 23!

I wish I had a couple of coloured ones.

: )
.................................................. .................................................. ..................................www.DNCH.com

.................................................. .................................................. .......................www.daniel.poirier.com

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 15, 2010, 09:28 PM

I have one sheet of these:

Besides that I've put the white one on every car I've owned (5 so far), one on my old Ti-83, and one on my stereo that has nearly worn off altogether.

I swear I have a few lying around somewhere, but I think I lost them during the era of me moving to a new place every two months.

subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 15, 2010, 10:12 PM

Let's see...

23 sheets, 45 stickers.

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Dec 15, 2010, 10:22 PM

I once saw a PC laptop that someone disguised as a Mac by putting a white Apple sticker over the Dell logo on the lid.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

bstone
Mac Elite
Dec 15, 2010, 10:28 PM

I have put them on my cars, on every window.
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Dec 15, 2010, 11:27 PM

I have about 20-something right now, but I've had more. Always have one on my car, sometimes I just put them random places. Have one on my luggage, it's all scratched up and looks very cool. When I was at Audi I put one on the service loaner Q5 out of boredom.
( Last edited by imitchellg5; Dec 16, 2010 at 12:08 AM. )

Person Man
Professional Poster
Dec 15, 2010, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by dzp111 View Post
I wish I had a couple of coloured ones.
Colored ones can be obtained on eBay every so often.

I have 20 colored ones, and 22 white ones.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Dec 16, 2010, 01:36 AM

I've got a set of colored ones so old the paper backing is browning, they came with a Mac Plus.

Oneota
Professional Poster
Dec 16, 2010, 12:08 PM

Let's see...this past summer I bought 123 MacBook 5-packs (so 615 total), 87 21.5" iMacs and 295 20" iMacs (Edu config). The 5-packs, sadly, only came with one sticker per box, not 5, though. Still, that added up to 505 sticker sheets, for a total of 1,010 Apple logo stickers. That was just this past summer. I've had similar (though not quite as large) collections other summers, as well. I let the stack sit there for several months while I contemplated what to do with it. In the end, I just pitched 'em in the trash, though.
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

P
Dec 16, 2010, 01:01 PM

I probably have 2 sets of colored ones and 3 sets of white ones, but I honestly haven't collected them or anything. They're around the house somewhere, because I don't think I threw them out, but where... Probably in a box in the attic.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

P
Dec 16, 2010, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by CharlesS View Post
I once saw a PC laptop that someone disguised as a Mac by putting a white Apple sticker over the Dell logo on the lid.
I see that all the time at work, but I prefer another setup where the Apple is placed like a Pacman that is eating the other logo. Works better with the older HP-logos, though - they're small enough to look like a dot that Pacman might eat.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2010, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by CharlesS View Post
I've done this to my work laptop, not to disguise it though, just to show my appreciation of Apple.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 16, 2010, 01:26 PM

Received? I guess about ten or twelve or so.

Collected (as in kept)? Zero.

Forum Links
Forum Rules