Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook Pro [Macworld Official Thread]

MacBook Pro [Macworld Official Thread]
tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jan 10, 2006, 02:49 PM

Le PowerBook est mort! Vive le MacBook Pro!
(Actually, the PowerBook line has been left unchanged for now.)

The new 15.4" MacBook Pro comes with:
-1.67 or 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo dual-core CPU with
-512MB or 1024GB, respectively
-integrated iSight
-brighter screen (comparable to Cinema Displays)
-DVI output with support for 30" display
-ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 GPU on PCI Express
-IR remote and sensor
-light sensor
-sudden motion sensor
-"MagSafe" magnetic power adapter plug for no-damage breakaway
-1" thick, like the TiBook
-same weight (5.6lbs)

$1999 for 1.67GHz, $2499 for 1.83GHz, ships in February.

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

tooki

P.S. FireWire isn't gone.
( Last edited by tooki; Jan 10, 2006 at 03:11 PM. )

tooki  (op)
Admin Emeritus
Jan 10, 2006, 03:25 PM

From apple.com/pr/
Apple Introduces MacBook Pro
MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo Processor Up to Four Times Faster Than PowerBook G4

MACWORLD EXPO, SAN FRANCISCO—January 10, 2006—Apple® today unveiled its new MacBook™ Pro notebook computer featuring the new Intel® Core™ Duo processor which delivers up to four times the performance of the PowerBook® G4. The new MacBook Pro, the first Mac notebook based on an Intel processor, features a stunning aluminum enclosure just one inch thin, weighs only 5.6 pounds, includes a built-in iSight™ video camera for video conferencing on-the-go, and the Apple Remote and Front Row™ software for a simple, intuitive and powerful way for users to enjoy their content wherever they go. The new MacBook Pro, available in February, also features Apple’s new patent-pending MagSafe™ magnetic power connector, designed especially for mobile users.

“MacBook Pro delivers dual-processor desktop performance in a thin, sleek notebook,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “The new MacBook Pro, with its Intel Core Duo dual-core processor, delivers the performance of not just one, but two G5 processors in the world’s most stunning one inch thin design.”

MacBook Pro features the new Intel Core Duo processor which delivers dual-core performance in a breakthrough power-efficient design, making it ideal for use in MacBook Pro’s thin and lightweight design. MacBook Pro is up to four times faster than the product it replaces, the PowerBook G4, running industry standard benchmarks.*

Every new MacBook Pro comes with a built-in iSight video camera for video conferencing on-the-go using Apple’s award-winning iChat AV, or recording a video Podcast or iMovie® using iLife® '06. MacBook Pro also includes Photo Booth, Apple’s fun-to-use application that lets users take quick snapshots with the built-in iSight video camera, add entertaining visual effects and share their pictures with the touch of a button.

The new MacBook Pro is the first notebook to feature Apple’s breakthrough Front Row media experience and the Apple Remote, turning MacBook Pro into a portable theatre. Front Row gives customers a simple way to enjoy their content wherever they go—including songs from their iTunes® music library, photo slideshows from iPhoto, videos including TV shows, Podcasts, iMovies and DVDs, and popular movie trailers streamed from apple.com—all from up to 30 feet away.

The new MacBook Pro also debuts Apple’s patent-pending MagSafe magnetic power connector, designed especially for mobile users. The MagSafe power connector makes charging the notebook’s battery easier than ever by magnetically coupling the power cord to the MacBook Pro. The MagSafe power connector safely disconnects from the notebook when there is strain on the power cord, helping to prevent the notebook from falling off its work surface when the power cord is inadvertently yanked.

The new MacBook Pro features a 67-percent brighter 15-inch display, which is now as bright as Apple’s Cinema Displays, and offers a completely new system architecture for faster performance, including a 667 MHz front-side bus that is four times as fast as the PowerBook G4 and 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM memory expandable to 2GB that is twice as fast as the PowerBook G4. Each MacBook Pro comes standard with ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 PCI Express graphics, with either 128MB or 256MB of dedicated GDDR3 graphics memory. Each MacBook Pro includes built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate), integrated AirPort Extreme 54 Mbps 802.11g WiFi wireless networking,** a scrolling TrackPad and Apple’s Sudden Motion Sensor that is designed to protect the hard drive in case of a fall.

The new MacBook Pro includes iLife '06, the next generation of Apple’s award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications featuring major new versions of iPhoto®, iMovie HD, iDVD®, GarageBand™ and introducing iWeb™, a new iLife application that makes it super-easy to create amazing websites with photos, blogs and Podcasts and publish them on .Mac for viewing by anyone on the Internet with just a single click. All the iLife '06 applications are Universal applications that run natively on the new Intel-based MacBook Pros for maximum performance.

Every new MacBook Pro comes with the latest release of the world’s most advanced operating system, Mac OS® X version 10.4.4 “Tiger” including Safari™, Mail, iCal®, iChat AV, Front Row and Photo Booth, running natively on Apple’s first Intel-based notebook. Mac OS X Tiger includes an innovative software translation technology called Rosetta that lets customers run most Mac OS X PowerPC applications seamlessly.***

Pricing & Availability
The new 15-inch MacBook Pro will be available in February through the Apple Store® (www.apple.com), Apple’s retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers. Visitors to the Apple Store (www.apple.com) can pre-order MacBook Pro beginning today.

The 1.67 GHz, 15-inch MacBook Pro, for a suggested retail price of $1,999 (US), includes:

* 15.4-inch widescreen 1440 x 900 LCD display with 300 cd/m2 brightness;
* 1.67 GHz Intel Core Duo processor;
* 512MB of 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, expandable to 2GB;
* 80GB Serial ATA hard drive running at 5400 rpm, with Sudden Motion Sensor;
* a slot-load SuperDrive™ (DVD±RW/CD-RW) optical drive;
* PCI Express-based ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 with 128MB GDDR3 memory;
* DVI-out port for external display (VGA-out adapter included, Composite/S-Video out adapter sold separately);
* built-in Dual Link support for driving Apple 30-inch Cinema HD Display;
* built-in iSight video camera;
* Gigabit Ethernet port;
* built-in AirPort® Extreme wireless networking and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR;
* ExpressCard/34 expansion card slot;
* two USB 2.0 ports and one FireWire® 400 port;
* one audio line in and one audio line out port, each supporting both optical digital and analog;
* scrolling TrackPad and illuminated keyboard;
* the infrared Apple Remote;
* 60 Watt hour lithium polymer battery; and
* 85W AC power adapter with MagSafe magnetic power connector.

The 1.83 GHz, 15-inch MacBook Pro, for a suggested retail price of $2,499 (US), includes:

* 15.4-inch widescreen 1440 x 900 LCD display with 300 cd/m2 brightness;
* 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo processor;
* 1GB of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM, expandable to 2GB;
* 100GB Serial ATA hard drive running at 5400 rpm, with Sudden Motion Sensor;
* a slot-load SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW) optical drive;
* PCI Express-based ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 with 256MB GDDR3 memory;
* DVI-out port for external display (VGA-out adapter included, Composite/S-Video out adapter sold separately);
* built-in Dual Link support for driving Apple 30-inch Cinema HD Display;
* built-in iSight video camera;
* Gigabit Ethernet port;
* built-in Airport Extreme wireless networking and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR;
* ExpressCard/34 expansion card slot;
* two USB 2.0 ports and one FireWire 400 port;
* one audio line in and one audio line out port, each supporting both optical digital and analog;
* scrolling TrackPad and illuminated keyboard;
* the infrared Apple Remote;
* 60 Watt hour lithium polymer battery; and
* 85W AC power adapter with MagSafe magnetic power connector.

Additional build-to-order options for the 15-inch MacBook Pro include the ability to upgrade to 120GB (5400 rpm) or 100GB (7200 rpm) hard drive, up to 2GB DDR2 SDRAM, Apple USB Modem, and the AppleCare Protection Plan.

*Based on estimated results of industry-standard SPECint and SPECfp rate tests. SPEC® is a registered trademark of Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC); see http://www.apple.com/macbookpro for more information. **Actual speed will vary based on range from the base station, environmental conditions and other factors. *** See http://www.apple.com/rosetta/ for information on Rosetta supported Apple software. Contact the manufacturer directly for 3rd party software.

teney7
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 10, 2006, 03:25 PM

I noticed that there aren't nearly as many ports on the sides on the new "MacBook Pro"... maybe that is a reflection of the new Intel logic board?

no new form factor? oh well.

IMO, the name "MacBook Pro" leaves the door open for a "MacBook" (IE, iBook) to be introduced later... around graduation time?
Switched 7/7/05
12'' PowerBook G4 with AirPort Express, still goin' strong

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jan 10, 2006, 03:26 PM

I hope my PowerBook is still worth something…
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Spartan24
Jan 10, 2006, 03:28 PM

Sure looks like it should be a great machine.

I'm kinda surprised that they didn't mention battery life, and that they dropped the firewire 800.

It's also good to see that Apple has adjusted ram pricing to a more respectable level, although still not at market.

GSixZero
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 03:28 PM

No firewire 800 ports... let the whining about firewire's demise begin.

All in all I'm pretty excited. I think this is a new age of some kick ass new macs.

ImpulseResponse

typ993
Jan 10, 2006, 03:30 PM

two USB 2.0 ports and one FireWire® 400 port
Hmm, Firewire on its way out?

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2006, 03:31 PM

Hmm - No FW 800.
No Modem! On a laptop! You have to buy the USB one separately - that makes sense for the iMac - but not a laptop...

No More PCCards - now we have ExpressCards. (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1472734,00.asp)

edit - magnetic power is very cool - just yesterday I got my foot caught in my power lead. Now they just need to invent little rubber feet that don't come off.

edit2 - Hmmm, These new expressCards come in two sizes - the MacBook Pro has the thinner /34 version:

( Last edited by Diggory Laycock; Jan 10, 2006 at 03:41 PM. )

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2006, 03:34 PM

I think Firewire is going to last a bit longer. The new iMac's got two of them.
The only thing I can say about this (besides it's REALLY cool) is: What's with the name? MacBook? That does not sell me. Other than that though, it's a pretty kick-ace machine.
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2006, 03:36 PM

The other ports are on the other side. It's nice to see a USB port on either side.
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

euphras
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 03:49 PM

Nice transition! I´m really impressed, Lacking Modem is not a big deal for me, it´s like it was when Apple dumped the floppy disks. Get over it!

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

dlindsay17
Forum Regular

I really liked FW800 -- thought it was an innovative, fast, useful bus. I use it on my RevA 17" all the time. Kinda sad to see it go in these new "Pro" books. Onboard modem was nice for the occasional fax when it HAD to be a fax and not emailing a PDF. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't the guy clinging to the notion of floppy discs in '98. Hopefully they'll keep FW800 for the Powermacs (if that's what they're still going to call them)

tooki  (op)
Admin Emeritus

Uhh, the 15 and 17" PowerBooks both have a USB port on each side.

tooki

baw
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 03:53 PM

MacBook is so 1991.

ericssonboi
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 10, 2006, 03:54 PM

As others mentioned... how's the battery life...
15" 2.33 MBP 2GB Ram, 120GB HD - Main Rig

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 03:56 PM

downgrade on screen rez?????!!!!!!!!!!

eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww....
blabba5555555555555555555555555555555555555

RedStar
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2006, 03:58 PM

About to buy one... BUT ... How do I get online with my EVDO pc card no that they have abandoned Cardbus?

albook
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 10, 2006, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by shabbasuraj
downgrade on screen rez?????!!!!!!!!!!

eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww....
Sad, but true!

euphras
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 04:08 PM

In some close up´s it looks like the case has (at least in some parts) brushed metal finish.

waddaya think?

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

sangohan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2006, 04:11 PM

1.) Superdrive is a downgrade? only 4x? and no DL support? geez...

2.) Battery life? Why no boasting? Must be bad with the new super bright display?

3.) I want my modem & firewire 800 darnit.

4.) Name? yuck

But I love her anyway.

?? can I boot windows xp?

beverson
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2006, 04:18 PM

Yeah, the name blows.

Other than that, glad to see the Intel PowerBooks (sic). Even if they're not perfect yet, it looks like a good start. Just don't get rid of the 12" size.

jcadam
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by sangohan
1.) Superdrive is a downgrade? only 4x? and no DL support? geez...

2.) Battery life? Why no boasting? Must be bad with the new super bright display?

3.) I want my modem & firewire 800 darnit.

4.) Name? yuck

But I love her anyway.

?? can I boot windows xp?
You wanted a bog-standard PC-notebook running Mac OS X, you got it.
Caffeinated Rhino Software -- Education and Training management software

Goldfinger
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2006, 04:25 PM

Great machine. I'd buy one if I had the funds.

But, what the hell is that name supposed to be ? MacBook pro ? Absolutely ridiculous.

iMac 20" C2D 2.16 | Acer Aspire One | Flickr

euphras
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 04:27 PM

I guess the name "Powerbook" will stay in use for some time.

MacBook Pro *sigh* The new name is crap

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 10, 2006, 04:44 PM

The name is awful, but I guess we'll get used to it. I didn't like the name iTunes at all when I first heard it, and now I say it like it's nothing.

Overall, it looks like a very solid machine and I'm going to be getting one. But the lack of any battery life information is worrying.

typ993
Jan 10, 2006, 04:46 PM

On one hand, too bad about the modem. On the other hand, that modem sucked if you needed to send large numbers of faxes. Apparently it's mostly software-based and if it decides to stop working, it's restart time. The Best Data USB true hardware modem I got is rock solid.

Anyone know if it says "Intel Inside" on the case?

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 04:49 PM

Hopefully they'll introduce the consumer version, the "MacBook", sometime soon. I was hoping to sell my PowerMac G5 and have enough to get a new Apple Intel laptop. Sigh...

bkarlsen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2006, 04:51 PM

I think the speed is a great step forward, going with the dual core intel chips. But why take so many steps back. Killing the FW800, Standard PCMCIA Support, and no DL DVD-R. Plus not that i use it that often, but why would you get rid of a built in modem on a laptop, craziness. The built in Isight is pretty cool, so is the remote. I definitely dont regret buying my last revision 1.67 PB, especially after seeing that they are still selling them, and at the same price.

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 04:52 PM

Name sucks so I'll refer to by its initials MBP, which sounds like MVP. No modem on a laptop is lame. I know wifi is in a lot of places, but I still use my PB's modem when traveling.

That said, the other features like the power plug and vidcam are nice, not to mention the improved speed. Can't wait to hear about emulation reports.

mania
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2006, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Goldfinger
Great machine. I'd buy one if I had the funds.
you're Goldfinger, steal some gold and buy one.
The Bitcastle
graphic design, web development, hosting

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2006, 04:55 PM

Wrong forum.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2006, 04:57 PM

From a marketing perspective the name change is a huge mistake. Not only does it sound stupid it does not convey a very positive or strong image. They should have just added a new term after the word powerbook to note the change in processors or dropped the term "book" altogether.

No built in modem is retarded. Its a portable and as such it should be equipped to connect to the net in any situation. How much can they possibly save in leaving it out.

If the 12 inch powerbooks are gone then they better make the iBooks much nicer looking because I do not want to carry a 15 inch laptop around.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

zen
Jan 10, 2006, 04:59 PM

So, awful awful awful name, lower screen res, no mention of battery life...the lack of modem is acceptable as dial-up internet is going the way of the floppy disk...not sure about no Firewire 800 and lack of a PC card slot. I imagine not that many people have a use for them compared to USB 2 and Firewire 400, but as the machine is labelled "Pro" I thought it would have had everything.

Would have been nice to have a black model. They could have kept the name PowerBook (PowerBook G6 perhaps) and reintroduced black, with the tagline "Say hello to an old friend...".

So with the new iMac and the MacBook, I guess they are dropped the "G" names altogether? The Intel Core Duo is not a G6!

mania
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2006, 05:02 PM

my thoughts

I can barely read my 1280x854 15" Albook so I don't want much more than 1440x900 thank you.

FW400 is good enough for most people (me included) due to FW400 in lots of video cameras. FW800 must have been not used by most people (me included) so they dropped it to save cost.

Macbook - who cares what they call it. its not a show stopper people.

No modem - who cares again - I hope dialup dies soon, it keeps hanging on like a 20 year old dog that can't see and pees on the carpet.

I wonder how easy it is to boot windows on it (for those unfortunate times I need it)?

I don't have the funds yet either but this will let those early adopters work out the bugs for me and cry about their non-native photoshop etc. etc.
The Bitcastle
graphic design, web development, hosting

B Gallagher
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 10, 2006, 05:02 PM

First thing I said was damn (read my specs, you'll see why).

Then I thought:
-Not shipping til February
-Battery life? Hmmmmm. No mention of it at ALL on Apple (was a big selling point of the last PBs)
-Current PB's still selling at same price (although this may change)

I agree with bkarlsen's sentiments almost exactly, and mirror most other's. Why take steps backwards? I guess your average consumer won't mind. Your pro consumer, on the other hand...

Not sure how I feel about this one yet.. guess I'll have to wait a month to hear about specs and bugs/hardware issues...
MBP 15" C2D 2.2GHz 4.0GB 500GB@5400
iPhone 4 32GB Black

baw
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 05:04 PM

Totally agree with Captain.

cpac
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2006, 05:11 PM

Looks like it may FINALLY be time to upgrade from my rev. A. TiBook 500.

The lack of a modem is a bummer (as my inlaws are technophobes and I've been dialing in when at their place), but I think the iSight and other goodies more than make up for it.
cpac

jhogarty
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 10, 2006, 05:15 PM

Call me a sucka, but I ordered mine. Will post about it once I get it and have a few hours to play around.

J.
Converted 4/29/05
G5 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 1 Gig Ram
G5 Dual 2.5Ghz Power Mac, X800 XT, 2.5 Gig Ram, 23" ACD
G4 Mac Mini 1.5GHz, 512MB Ram, 64MB VRam, Int. Modem
MacBook Pro 2.00GHz, X1600-256MB, 2.0 Gig Ram, 100GB 7200RPM HD, USB Modem

euphras
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
From a marketing perspective the name change is a huge mistake. Not only does it sound stupid it does not convey a very positive or strong image. They should have just added a new term after the word powerbook to note the change in processors or dropped the term "book" altogether.
second that!

No built in modem is retarded. Its a portable and as such it should be equipped to connect to the net in any situation. How much can they possibly save in leaving it out.
I think it´s not a matter of saving costs but of saving space (not necessarily the chip, but the space for the connector)

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2006, 05:18 PM

am impressed (altho sad to say goodbye to the "powerbook").
great specs! wish it were cheaper (but i always think that).

hope this forum will become "macbook/powerbook" so i don't have yet another place to visit daily.

still...gonna wait for the summer, in the hopes of a 12" macbook.

i know, i shouldn't hold my breath....
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

tombourne182
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2006, 05:19 PM

I'll stick with my 17" for a couple of years then until all the revA ones have been sent back, native software has been introduced blah blah blah

jocker
Forum Regular
Jan 10, 2006, 05:19 PM

ITS NOT A LOWER SCREEN RES!

Its 1440 x 900 - the same as the previous 15"!!
AlBook G4 15", iMac 20"

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 05:20 PM

The price is still the same on the ol' 15"...

That price has to change, a little I think.

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by jocker

According to the spec sheet it is a little less.
( Last edited by shabbasuraj; Jan 10, 2006 at 05:49 PM. )

production_coordinator
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 05:27 PM

FW800: No big deal considering there are very few pieces of hardware with this floating around. Also, few pieces of hardware could saturate firewire 400.

No Modem: No big deal considering wireless. Obviously YMMV

Remote: A wonderful idea. I think it's going to become an interval part of all macs.

Camera: Very cool... but probably a novelty to most people. I wish I worked at a place where they had more people using Macs.

Screen: Ugh... just sad... less real estate isn't worth a brighter screen.

Name: Not the greatest... but I also didn't care for all the "i" applications.

Superdrive: IMHO, a significant downgrade... on par with the screen if you burn DVDs on a regular basis.

albook
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 10, 2006, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by jocker

Its A LOWER screen resolution!
The "old" 15" had a 1440 x 960 resolution, while the new one have 1440 x 900.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jan 10, 2006, 05:35 PM

It's slightly more widescreen is all. Nothing worth crying over. It's more than worth it to finally get really good picture quality.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 10, 2006, 05:36 PM

The reason they called it a MACbook is because they are trying to maintain the Mac name even though they have Intel inside.

Anyway, I was all down with these new machines until I saw the screen res was lower and the superdrives are not DL. The modem missing is also a huge deal for me as when I am on the road I have to use dial up most of the time and don't want to carry around a dongle.

I love the magnet power plug though.

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 05:49 PM

So...we're all still going to call it a PowerBook, right?

Daniel Bayer
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2006, 05:49 PM

I am not hot on the name. I'll call it a Powerbook Intel. I ordered the 1.83, 100GB 7,200 RPM, 2GB ram, spare battery.

I have one major concern though. I am coming from a 1.33 17, 2GB ram, 60GB 7,200 RPM drive. I want to see a BIG increase in overall speed in Photoshop CS2. I know the Vid card going from 64 to 256 MB will be great, but........

A friend of mine said that PS CS2 will not run faster on it till Adobe upgrades PS.

Keynote quote:

"The Performance of Photoshop in Rosetta isn't going to be powerful enough for a professional ... it's fast enough for those of us who use it occasionally."

Is this the upgrade we have all been waiting for?

Whaddaya think?
"I'll take a extra layer of ram on that
gigaflop sandwich mister"

Forum Links
Forum Rules