Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 15in PB, 1.67, 512mb, 80gig

FS: 15in PB, 1.67, 512mb, 80gig
ero2
Dedicated MacNNer
May 15, 2005, 10:35 PM

I bought a 15" superdrive 1.67GHZ stock powerbook the day after they were released, so early february. I unfortunately need to find a way to come up with enough money to pay for summer school, this will not do it, but it's a start and sometime down the road I will pick up a new one. Looking to get $2100 + 35$ shipping for it. Paid through USPS money order, or local cash pickup is fine too. If you have any questions email me at [email protected] . Please don't waste my time and yours with lowball offers as they will not be accepted. This computer is as like new as possible (you would be hard pressed to detect it from brand new) and has been babied since day one, and can come loaded with Tiger if you want.

If you would like to verify my positive feedback I will pm or email you my ebay user id.

ero2  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 9, 2005, 02:05 AM

price drop to 2000+35 shipping and it's yours, I really need the cash to pay for school

ero2  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 13, 2005, 12:50 AM

bump

wally22
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 13, 2005, 06:05 PM

can u give full specs? 64 vram or 128? what size hd? apple care??

ero2  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 13, 2005, 06:10 PM

64mb of vram, and actually I was planning to hang onto the extra 512mb chip (but have decided to just leave it in there), but will leave a total of 1gig of ram in the machine. 80 gig hard drive, no apple care, but since I purchased the comp new in february, and I believe the warranty is transferrable I would just have to send the receipt.

wally22
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 13, 2005, 08:40 PM

some of these powerbooks are going for cheaper... just letting you know

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

ero2  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 13, 2005, 09:49 PM

well let's do the math, 1895 plus 100 bucks for the 512mb upgrade, plus Tiger that I payed 70 for, and mine looks exactly as it did when brand new...seems like a fair price to me. His also comes with panther not tiger, and 512mb of ram not 1 gig. I also am curious why he has a picture of an ibook if he is selling a pbook, these few things would make me wary as a buyer.

So, I feel mine is totally price correctly based on completed auctions on the bay

Also he only has 97.0% feedback, not good enough in my opinion, mine is 100% under photo-guy7 on ebay.

mad cow disease
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 13, 2005, 10:45 PM

What is your location?

ero2  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 13, 2005, 10:51 PM

around los angeles.

Also, in response to my previous post, I don't want to come across as rude, so if I did I apologize, just a few things struck me as odd about that auction.

wally22
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 14, 2005, 12:05 AM

id rather buy from a member here... i was just letting u know about it... my b... my intention wasnt to offend u...

good luck selling!

ero2  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 14, 2005, 01:50 AM

no worries, just explaining :-) If I put it on the bay, do you guys think I can sell it without pics since it is in new condition still?

GSixZero
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2005, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by ero2
If I put it on the bay, do you guys think I can sell it without pics since it is in new condition still?
No. On ebay, no pictures or using stock pictures is auction death, at least in my book.

ImpulseResponse

ero2  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 14, 2005, 04:09 AM

then I need to find a digi, because I just went back to all film, LOL

mentholiptus
Jun 14, 2005, 04:10 PM

Does it have the backlit keyboard?

wally22
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 14, 2005, 04:20 PM

all of them do that are 1.67... its standerd unless he took it off