Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Bluetooth speakers

Bluetooth speakers
mkral
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2011, 05:40 PM

I just bought a pair of bluetooth speakers for my iphone to listen to music throughout the day. I keep my phone on vibrate, but whenever it's hooked up to the speakers, any incoming call rings (loudly) over the bluetooth speakers. I'd like it to just vibrate when a call comes in. Does anyone know of a way to make that happen, or am I stuck with the phone ringing over the speaker? If that's the case, does anyone know how to make the phone ring as silently as possible? It seems that the volume up/down buttons don't control the ringer volume through the bluetooth speakers, as the volume stays consistently loud, regardless of the volume I choose on the phone. Choosing the volume on the speaker impacts both music & the phone ringer,

Thanks,

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Nov 5, 2011, 12:19 AM

Have you tried putting it on silent mode? My guess (from using bluetooth connectivity in my car) is that this is unavoidable. If you want uninterrupted music you probably should get a iPod touch or something.
Hope this helps!

mkral  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 5, 2011, 01:43 PM

I tried it on vibrate mode, not sure that I know how to get to silent mode, if it's any different. I suspect the same thing as you, that it will continue to ring. I've found a work-around, but it's kind of a hassle. I leave it on vibrate mode & then change the ringtone to a silent ringer I bought off itunes. It works perfectly, except that now I need to change the ringtone back to normal, every time I leave work.

I actually do have an ipod touch, but I was hoping to consolidate to 1 device.

Thanks for the reply.

Forum Links
Forum Rules