Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Anyone play warcraft 3 with the 1 button mouse?

Anyone play warcraft 3 with the 1 button mouse?
Garage81
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 4, 2005, 03:40 PM

I used to play on my PC all the time, I'm wondering how big of a pain it is to play with the 1 button mouse? Im thinking of buying the apple BT mouse, but if its too annoying to play WC3 with it, then I dont think ill get it.

Thanks for the tips

Mac Mini : 1.66 Core Duo : 2 GB ♥

wuzup101
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 5, 2005, 01:30 AM

I'd probably want to stick with a multi button mouse for most games including WC3... Is there any reason you can't go with another BT mouse instead of the apple? Personally I think apple's one button mouse is quite lame and a waste of money. Their keyboards are awesome, and the quality of the mouse isn't bad, it's just the single button...
Mac: 15" 1.5ghz PB w/ 128mb vid, 5400rpm 80gb, combo drive, 2gb ram
Peripherals: 20gb 4g iPod, Canon i950, Canon S230 "elph", Canon LIDE30, Logitech MX510, Logitech z5500, M-Audio Sonica Theater, Samsung 191T
PC: AMD "barton" XP @ 2.3ghz, 1gb pc3200, 9800pro 128mb, 120gb WD-SE 120gb
Xbox: 1.6, modded with X3 xecuter, slayers evoX 2.6, WDSE 120gb HDD

sminch
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 6, 2005, 12:43 AM

i guess it'd depend how you play - if you use the keys to select actions instead of just right-clicking (eg. hitting a then clicking to attack, frinstance) you'd be fine. i think i'd go nuts though as i'm a lazy right clicker.

sminch

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 6, 2005, 10:18 AM

Yeah, I use the standard mouse with no problem. Haven't had time to play Warcraft in a couple of weeks, unfortunately. At times of weakness I must admit I have thought about getting a two button mouse, but the feeling passes. . .

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Garage81  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 6, 2005, 11:03 AM

i played a few games last night, needless to say, i was used to right click to move, right click to attack, queue up, etc.

yeah, i need a new mouse

Mac Mini : 1.66 Core Duo : 2 GB ♥

Forum Links
Forum Rules