Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > saving iWork documents in both OSX and iOS

saving iWork documents in both OSX and iOS
Ted L. Nancy
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 10, 2011, 12:25 PM

I have been using Pages (OSX) since it was first released and love it. I recently purchased it for iOS, primarily so that I could use it to edit articles for publication.

It was simple enough to put the documents on my iPhone through iTunes, but now I'm curious... If I edit a document on my iPhone, how does it save back to the computer? Does this happen automatically when I sync, or is there a manual step I'm missing somewhere? Does it overwrite the document on the computer (thus erasing any changes I may have made on the computer?
10.7.1 on Mac Pro 8x2.8

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 10, 2011, 01:21 PM

It's not synched with the document on the file system on your computer.

In the Apps->File Sharing section in iTunes where you moved your documents onto the phone you need to copy it back to your computer either by dragging it out or pressing the "Save As…" button after "Exporting to iTunes" in Pages on the phone. Of course you could also use iDisk or a WebDAV server, but it's the same manual copying process on both computer and phone.

Only in fall with iCloud there will by automatic document synching.

Forum Links
Forum Rules