Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > True Story - just happened to me

True Story - just happened to me
moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2010, 04:39 AM

My BBQ went missing off my rooftop, The landlord of the apartment next to me was renovating and contractors had taken it from my roof and put in down in the apartment next to me, I saw it though the front door when coming home from work on Friday.

Yesterday I decided it was probably just a mistake (they has made no attempt to hide it) and knocked on the door when I saw the landlord was inside (supervising renovation).

He answered the door, luckily he spoke English, I pointed over his shoulder at the BBQ, explained it was mine and told him I wanted it back. Instead of apologizing he grunted and told me to take it if its mine.

I said no, he needs to arrange to have it carried up to the rooftop and put back where it was taken from, i'm not carrying it and risking getting my clothes dirty.

He made that kind of Jamaican lip kissing sound to demonstrate his displeasure and reached over and grabbed the BBQ, its a 16" webber, with a nice black cover to protect it.

At this point my BBQ decided to show its displeasure (the vents on the bottom were open) and proceeded to expel a stream of black soot down his trouser leg.

He yelped dropped the BBQ and at this point my BBQ's displeasure turned to anger and it squirted out from its vents what seemed to be a pint of frothy yellow liquid which splashed off the floor, onto his legs, his all over his white furniture.

First solids, then liquids.

It turns out last Christmas I made a beer can turkey and forgot to remove the rather large can of fermented turkey / beer juice which now decorates his italian furniture.

This morning the BBQ was back on the roof, i'm confident nobody will ever touch it again,

It seems there is some justice in the world.

moonmonkey  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2010, 04:46 AM

Damn, can someone move to lounge?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2010, 05:32 AM

Ouch.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2010, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by moonmonkey View Post
This morning the BBQ was back on the roof, i'm confident nobody will ever touch it again.
Wow, in other cultures, it would be guaranteed that your grill would now die a vicious death, after this episode.

Hope your grill survives.

-t

SSharon
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2010, 11:25 AM

I would be really careful the next time you light it. He probably hid a can of lighter fluid somewhere inside.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Aug 9, 2010, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Wow, in other cultures, it would be guaranteed that your grill would now die a vicious death, after this episode.
No, no, the BBQ is safe. It had a dead bird sacrificed on it with an offering of alcohol.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Andy8
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2010, 03:07 AM

Do you share a common rooftop with your neighbour or is it partitioned off for each apartment?

moonmonkey  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 9, 2010, 07:54 AM

partitioned, someone must have come onto my side to get the BBQ, so he was lucky I didn't call the police.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 9, 2010, 09:10 AM

Well, if they got to it in the past, they can get to it again.

Write an account of the event, addressed to the police. Sign it and show it to the neighbour.
Tell him that if anything happens to the grill, it will be sent.

-t

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 9, 2010, 10:44 AM

That's like a life's worth of good karma that got spent there.

Forum Links
Forum Rules