Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Another KVM thread....Advice needed.

Another KVM thread....Advice needed.
Daracle
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 29, 2005, 10:27 AM

Hey guys....
I figured I would post here, I tried in anothe forum and yet to get a response plus there is more then just Mac in this question.

I have my POwerbook that I use at home with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, I am getting a desktop PC to be able to play games.
I would like to be able to use one monitor for both....BUT, I would also like to be able to use the bluetooth gear for both.
I know I can buy the adapter for my PC, but what options do I have for like a KVM setup?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Who reads this???

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 29, 2005, 10:49 AM

WTF ? This is NOT how it works.

IBL.

-t

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2005, 11:16 AM

The only possible hope I could see would be running a blue tooth dongle from the KVM itself but I don't even think that would work... I don't know why you'd need bluetooth if the whole point is that you're in front of that specific monitor.

Daracle  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 29, 2005, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Superchicken
The only possible hope I could see would be running a blue tooth dongle from the KVM itself but I don't even think that would work... I don't know why you'd need bluetooth if the whole point is that you're in front of that specific monitor.
The only real reason I would want to use Bluetooh is because I spent the $100 on each mouse and keyboard because of my laptop and dont really wanty to waste that....I have come to accept that I am beat.

Thanks for the info
Who reads this???

Forum Links
Forum Rules