Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iTunes 2 isn't working

iTunes 2 isn't working
Wage212
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2006, 12:27 AM

Okay...so my friend was using the old OS 9 for a long time until he tried to put in a CD to import and it said it was damged, from that point on iTunes wasn't working for him. It said things couldn't be found and network errors and the whole shabang...

So he got OS X and installed it on the same computer (he has an eMac by the way). So now he can switch between the two through the whole start up disk thing. The problem is that now he doens't have any of his music since iTunes in the OS 9 isn't working and he wants it in OS X.

The question is...how in the world...if possible, would we be able to get all his music back?

Things we did:
1) Searched for the iTunes Music Library and similar folders in OS 9...we found them and they wouldn't open. It told us to go to the domuments folder and there was nothing there.
2) In OS X we searched in every possible location for songs he KNEW he had in OS 9 that he doesn't have in OS X to see if it would pick up the songs...no luck...but maybe we didn't look hard enough.

It doesn't help that he has no clue what I'm saying...we got really frustrated and would appriciate ANY AND ALL help we get with this problem!!!

gooser
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 27, 2006, 12:42 AM

apple used to post instructions on how to share libraries between os9 & x. maybe it's lack of intelligence, but i could never get it to work. do you access to an external drive? maybe (just maybe) you could copy the songs from os9 onto your external and then copy them into itunes on x. they're just basic mp3 files. i know i used this same method to copy some pictures once.
imac g3 600
imac g4 800 superdrive
ibook 466

Forum Links
Forum Rules