Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Apple-branded USB - USB cable?

Apple-branded USB - USB cable?
iomatic
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2007, 07:51 PM

Did they ever make these? Where are they available, if at all?

Thanks. Yes, I'm an Apple Ho.

Ho. Ho. Ho.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 8, 2007, 09:37 PM

A computer -> small device cable? Never seen from one from Apple.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

iomatic  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 9, 2007, 01:49 AM

They still make FireWire cables, but that makes sense, as they are pretty much the only purveyor of IEE1394 computing. Mostly.

nikstar101
Dec 9, 2007, 12:44 PM

I have an Apple USB cable that extends the length of the keyboard cable. But it has a special grove in it so it cannot be used for any other device, which sucks.

Nik

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 9, 2007, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by nikstar101 View Post
I have an Apple USB cable that extends the length of the keyboard cable. But it has a special grove in it so it cannot be used for any other device, which sucks.

Nik
Speaking of the USB extended cable, my co-worker just 'pressed down' the notch inside and use it on a PC box.

For me, I want an Apple-brand DVI cable.

iomatic  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 17, 2007, 03:31 PM

The Belkin one is OK for DVI. I have the already-stuck-into-the-23"-Cinema-Display (overpriced, yet calibrated sweeter than the Dell, thank-you-very-much).

I know there were the old-style grey cables from iMacs of yesteryear, but no new white USB cables, eh?

Koralatov
Senior User
Dec 17, 2007, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Speaking of the USB extended cable, my co-worker just 'pressed down' the notch inside and use it on a PC box.
I have a few of them, and this is something I never actually tried, but I'll definitely give it a go. That said, you don't actually have to 'press-down' the groove to use it; if you insert the USB plug at the right angle, it goes in just fine, if a little tight. From what I've seen, there's no damage to the USB connector from doing so.

On the subject of Apple-branded cables, they tend to be exceptionally attractive, but slightly too pricey for my liking.

Forum Links
Forum Rules