Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Contacts Help

Contacts Help
HEG
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 7, 2014, 01:33 PM

I would like to print an address book using my Contacts list. The default printout from Contacts is ugly and cannot be altered to fit my needs. Does anyone know of an app that will allow more control of the format of the printout?

andi*pandi
Aug 7, 2014, 08:19 PM

Aside from envelopes and labels (silly me laying out labels in InDesign all these years) there is the list view and the pocket view. There were some variations for font etc.

You could do what I did with labels, export as comma separated txt then format in any way you choose.

What kind of layout are you looking for?

HEG  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 8, 2014, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Aside from envelopes and labels (silly me laying out labels in InDesign all these years) there is the list view and the pocket view. There were some variations for font etc.

You could do what I did with labels, export as comma separated txt then format in any way you choose.

What kind of layout are you looking for?
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have InDesign, but I may be able to do the same thing in Word or Pages by setting up a template and doing a merge with comma separated text. I haven't used a merge in so long that I completely forgot about it. Thanks again.

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 10, 2014, 09:17 AM

Word will walk you through Merge without too much trouble. You'll basically have to export your address entries in a format Word understands (it gives you a list of those formats when you get ready to import the data), and then go step-by-step by Word's prompts to insert the data appropriately in your format.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

HEG  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 10, 2014, 01:52 PM

Thank you for your advice. I will try that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules