Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Good FM Transmitter For iPod Nano?

Good FM Transmitter For iPod Nano?
ncmason
Sep 7, 2007, 06:29 PM

I'm interested in getting an FM transmitter for my iPod nano (the first generation one). I would like it to stick into the dock connection and not be clunky. Any good suggestions?

Thanks,
Mason

analogika
Posting Junkie
Sep 7, 2007, 07:17 PM

The Kensington supposedly has the best sound quality, and it's *tiny*

ncmason
Sep 7, 2007, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by analogika View Post
The Kensington supposedly has the best sound quality, and it's *tiny*
iLounge.com gave both Kensington FM transmitters a "B" rating. I'm not so sure I'm going to choose them. I'll keep looking around. Let me know if you see anything interesting.

Mason

wilsonng
Senior User
Sep 8, 2007, 01:47 AM

I personally love my TrafficJamz transmitter/charger...

NewerTech TRAFFICJamz FM Transmitter plus App... (TRAFJBLK) at OWC

The problem with the transmitters is that I sometimes take my iPod with me out of the car and I forget to unplug from the transmitter. I end up yanking the transmitter out of the cigarette lighter socket. This tends to strain and tear the cables instead and reduces the FM transmission.

I had to get a large cellphone holder to hold my cellphone on the console and remind myself not to automatically yank out the ipod without disconnecting the transmitter first....
You can bend my ear. We can talk all day. Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say. -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET

analogika
Posting Junkie
Sep 8, 2007, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ncmason View Post
iLounge.com gave both Kensington FM transmitters a "B" rating. I'm not so sure I'm going to choose them. I'll keep looking around. Let me know if you see anything interesting.

Mason
Look again: iPod Accessory Reviews | iLounge

One Kensington got an "A-" (the one with the attached charger), and the only other "A" grade of all the devices was the Harman Kardon, which is a completely different league of device.

Everything else ranks "B" to "D".

Fact is, ALL FM transmitters are potentially crap, depending upon your car and the radio frequency distribution in the area(s) you intend to use it in.

Forum Links
Forum Rules