Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > CD icon remains on desktop after burn...

CD icon remains on desktop after burn...
MOTHERWELL
Senior User
Jun 12, 2004, 07:01 PM

After I am done burning a playlist in iTunes I will see the burned CD icon on the desktop, but I will also see the 'Untitled CD' on the desktop too. If I hit eject the CD will eject, leaving the Untitled CD icon still on the desktop. I have to right click on the CD and hit eject to get it off the desktop.

MartiNZ
Senior User
Jun 12, 2004, 10:03 PM

Yep, I believe that's what we call a 'feature' . I find it a pain as well - it didn't happen to me before Panther, but it seems to be just another one of those things with crappy response from Finder!

webcookie
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 13, 2004, 07:26 AM

This happens to me. It's not the worst problem in the world.
iBook G4: 800mhz, 640mb, 40gb ("Astrid")
iPod: 30gb Photo ("Gordon"), 1gb Shuffle ("Tinker Bell")
For the record: I am female

SteevAK
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 13, 2004, 05:38 PM

Same here. Only a slight annoyance for me, but it is another indicator of Finder's lack of polish.
#macnn: where all the real action is at.

Ricky
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 16, 2004, 04:27 PM

From what I can tell, this usually happens when you select "Open Finder" from the dialog box when you insert a blank CD. My girlfriend does this all the time. She'll throw in a blank disc, select open Finder, then go back to iTunes and burn a playlist. The icon is left because of the earlier selection. That's my guess though.

MOTHERWELL  (op)
Senior User
Jun 16, 2004, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by Ricky:
From what I can tell, this usually happens when you select "Open Finder" from the dialog box when you insert a blank CD. My girlfriend does this all the time. She'll throw in a blank disc, select open Finder, then go back to iTunes and burn a playlist. The icon is left because of the earlier selection. That's my guess though.
That may fix it. I had set the option to 'Open Finder' automatically, so I didn't get that pop-up box everytime. I just switched it to ignore. Hopefully that will fix the annoyance.

Forum Links
Forum Rules