Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > The Big Deal: Grab this collection of commercial fonts for free

The Big Deal: Grab this collection of commercial fonts for free
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
May 26, 2016, 09:01 AM

Alongside our regular MacNN Deals and Daily Deals posts, the writers of MacNN occasionally find offers that are interesting or major enough to warrant their own Big Deals post. Designers looking for a bargain have no excuse but to check this out, as it is a bundle of fonts from InkyDeals worth $1,530 being offered for download completely for free.

This package consists of 52 different fonts, with many including variants to offer the same font but with a different style. The collection ranges from the stylized Robotika, Rolo, and Limolimo, to the more hand-drawn Tall Marker, Tall Kido, and Abelia, to more unusual items like Blokparty and Crayonello.

All the fonts have an extended license allowing them to be used commercially, including in video projects, artwork, and other designs, without any further payment required, and with extremely few restrictions, such as forbidding the sharing and redistribution of the fonts. InkyDeals does warn that you "need Adobe Illustrator" to use the fonts, but MacNN found almost all the fonts could be imported into the Mac Font Book and immediately used, making it handy even for those who don't have Illustrator.

prl99
Senior User
May 26, 2016, 10:29 AM

You have to subscribe to their newsletter, which I'll unsubscribe immediately but at least the download link when directly to their website instead of going through some ad website. The download is taking a real long time for something that isn't that large (23.6MB, 40KB/sec). I'll scan it before opening. I wonder how much info about me they've already grabbed. Finally downloaded, the last half went very quickly.

Download includes TrueType (ttf) and OpenType (otf) file for each font.

Forum Links
Forum Rules