Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Hillary's supporters are a bunch of conservatives

Hillary's supporters are a bunch of conservatives
macintologist
Professional Poster
May 15, 2008, 05:33 PM

Bush takes a swipe at Obama - HILLARY CLINTON FORUM - Independent Discussion Forum for Supporters of Hillary Clinton!

Got to admit, Bush in smarter then Obama!
I agree with Bush, that is why we don't want Far-left dreamers in white house.
I never thought I would ever agree with Bush. He was right about Obama though. I think he's had quite enough of Obama's ridiculous stances and couldn't stay silent anymore
I know that you will see me say this several times a day but I'm hammering home a point... BAMBI is a MAJOR NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT TO THE US!
Obama has to be stopped now because there's no telling where we'll end up if he's in the WH... suddenly we'll be deemed a ROGUE NATION by our allies because we'll be in bed with Iran, Syria, Hamas(Palestine) and the likes... Obama is anything for a buck that goes into his pocket...
I've already planned a McCain vote if Obama is on top of any Dem ticket! I wouldn't even vote for him if he thought Hillary was his VP. Sorry Hillary! His ship needs to sink for the good of the American people! I'll do what I can to take Virginia out of play for him.
Obama has caused us to love Fox news, flip off MSNBC, hate the Democratic party...

....and now agree with Bush.
I can see why the repub's think the left is unpatriotic
It's in the cards already tho
this man is a danger and I believe he is the pig in Nostradamus predictions
And this is coming from a atheist(more like a agnostic)
Kerry, Pelosi, et al are absolute idiots...This is the truth. why denounce it?
Are these people Republicans, conservatives, remnants of the racist democratic south, or what?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
May 15, 2008, 05:45 PM

The enemy of their enemy is their friend.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
May 15, 2008, 06:03 PM

I want to know when Hillary Clinton became the darling of the White Working Class. I suppose it happened around the same time that a black man named Barack Obama became her primary opponent.

lefty mclefty
Baninated
May 15, 2008, 07:33 PM

hell hath no fury like a woman scorned....these sound like angry folks.....

spindler
Forum Regular
May 15, 2008, 11:01 PM

I think the common denominator is ignorance. Not that voting for Hillary makes you ignorant, just that a lot of Hillary supporters are. Anyone who can't tell the difference between Obama and McCain and can't figure out that Hillary and Obama are on the same side of most issues and against McCain on most issues obviously doesn't understand the issues, to put it lightly.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 15, 2008, 11:32 PM

Here's some more unfocussed political hatred from Bill O'Reilly's devotees... rather amusing:

Daily Kos: O'Reilly's hateful cadres

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
May 16, 2008, 12:43 AM

It's got me wondering how many of the people on that forum are shills whose sole purpose it is to keep the Democratic candidate race running as long as possible.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 16, 2008, 07:18 AM

Karma for the Dem crossovers that voted in the early open primaries and put McCain in the lead for the Republican nomination.
45/47

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
May 16, 2008, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
It's got me wondering how many of the people on that forum are shills whose sole purpose it is to keep the Democratic candidate race running as long as possible.
Then they're not very smart, if they think that's going to hurt Democrats. This extended primary is the best possible thing that could have happened for Obama.

alex_kac
Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2008, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by spindler View Post
I think the common denominator is ignorance. Not that voting for Hillary makes you ignorant, just that a lot of Hillary supporters are. Anyone who can't tell the difference between Obama and McCain and can't figure out that Hillary and Obama are on the same side of most issues and against McCain on most issues obviously doesn't understand the issues, to put it lightly.
I spend a bit of time doing some heavy research politically. I love politics. I love to play Devil's advocate and have a civil debate with people from all parts of the political spectrum.

Obama is a fantastically charismatic person. He makes "plans" and promises that are similar to Hillary and that's not the problem that Hillary supporters see. The problem they see is that he's all rhetoric and little substance. While Hillary will move around the spectrum to get what she wants ("I'm for clean coal!") is a known quantity they see Obama as someone who they don't really know. He could be a far left liberal wanger who to get elected has moved somewhat to the center. Some of his words and comments suggest that. He does act elitist. You can visually see that he has to scrub himself hard when he gets home from being around the regular folks.

I like how Obama is trying to get rid of the political millstone around politician's necks and how he brushes off stupid questions and tries to get to the heart of things. Personally, I like the man. I really like how he wants to bring change. But I do not agree with his ideology.

And the same I think is true of Hillary-backers, though a little differently. See, I'm a strong conservative and frankly more of a libertarian so I really like Ron Paul's ideas, if not the candidate himself. The democrats going to Hillary don't like Obama because they feel he goes too far.

At least thats how I see it.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
May 16, 2008, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by BRussell View Post
I want to know when Hillary Clinton became the darling of the White Working Class Democrat. I suppose it happened around the same time that a black man named Barack Obama became her primary opponent.
Fixed. I've been telling you people, but you refuse to listen.
ebuddy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
May 16, 2008, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Here's some more unfocussed political hatred from Bill O'Reilly's devotees... rather amusing:

Daily Kos: O'Reilly's hateful cadres
As if Bill O'Reilly is somehow more reprehensible than the daily kos. egadz.
Next up;
Star magazine really socks it to the National Enquirer.
ebuddy

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
May 16, 2008, 06:58 PM

Then they're not very smart, if they think that's going to hurt Democrats. This extended primary is the best possible thing that could have happened for Obama.
He's burning through his money fighting off needless attacks from his own party while McCain sits — unmolested on a huge pile of cash that ain't getting any smaller — and takes notes on all the things Hillary's dug up that he can use to swiftboat the crap out of Obama when needed. I don't see how that helps very much. If this is good, maybe all the other Democratic candidates should gang up on Obama and really start slinging mud once he's the nominee?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
May 16, 2008, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
Fixed. I've been telling you people, but you refuse to listen.
Well she's not the darling of the Republicans, that's for sure.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
May 16, 2008, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
He's burning through his money fighting off needless attacks from his own party while McCain sits — unmolested on a huge pile of cash that ain't getting any smaller — and takes notes on all the things Hillary's dug up that he can use to swiftboat the crap out of Obama when needed. I don't see how that helps very much. If this is good, maybe all the other Democratic candidates should gang up on Obama and really start slinging mud once he's the nominee?
Democrats have registered in massive numbers while Republicans have been mostly bored at home for the past 3 months, Obama has actually had to learn how to run a campaign, and everyone is ignoring McCain. I'd say that's pretty good for Obama. It's not like Obama is going to avoid attacks, so we might as well hear them now. And there's no way McCain will have more money than Obama, given Obama's track record.

alex_kac
Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2008, 12:06 AM

Obama promised that if the Republican candidate would take government matching funds that he would too. Lets see if he reneges or not.

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
May 17, 2008, 01:42 AM

Democrats have registered in massive numbers while Republicans have been mostly bored at home for the past 3 months, Obama has actually had to learn how to run a campaign, and everyone is ignoring McCain. I'd say that's pretty good for Obama. It's not like Obama is going to avoid attacks, so we might as well hear them now. And there's no way McCain will have more money than Obama, given Obama's track record.
I agree mostly, except that I think a main reason McCain will not have more money that Obama is because he continues to lose conservative support.

However, there is the idea that conservatives will become so disgusted with Obama and his policies that they'll cough up the dough no matter what. Or maybe he'll name some VP candidate who can energize the base. I guess we'll find out.

Forum Links
Forum Rules