Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Why do you put up with Bush??

Why do you put up with Bush?? (Page 3)
MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 27, 2004, 02:33 AM

Oooh, that looks quite interesting. Thanks for the linkage.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 27, 2004, 08:38 AM

Originally posted by chalk_outline:
And Zim. It would be cool if you linked to your sources.
Chalk you need to read my posts. I didn't post said source as an accurate representative of the truth. I posted them to make a point. Such things are flawed and can be construed to be whatever said author wants to them to be.

As history has shown us, polling numbers really have no effect on the actual election.

Too many elections won by the guy NOT winning in the polls to say otherwise. And here am I saying this when Bush is on top at the moment, so it's just not me "sour graping"

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 27, 2004, 09:53 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
I didn't post said source as an accurate representative of the truth. I posted them to make a point.
You didn't post a source. You just posted figures ... and it seems to me you're admitting to having made them up!

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 27, 2004, 10:00 AM

Originally posted by Troll:
You didn't post a source. You just posted figures ... and it seems to me you're admitting to having made them up!
Troll GET A GRIP AND READ WHAT I SAID.

No, I didn't MAKE THEM UP. I found them on the web.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I POSTED A SOURCE OR NOT. My intentions weren't to prove any statistical truth.

My intentions were to show numbers can be made to say whatever you want them to.

So posting a source is irrelevant to my point. UNDERSTAND?

I am not going to go back and look through my browser's history just to find a web page I went to when it has NO BEARING to my intentions of said post.

Hopefully this will be the last time I have to repeat myself.

dcolton
Banned
Aug 27, 2004, 10:06 AM

Troll GET A GRIP AND READ WHAT I SAID.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I POSTED A SOURCE OR NOT. My intentions weren't to prove any statistical truth.

My intentions were to show numbers can be made to say whatever you want them to.

So posting a source is irrelevant to my point. UNDERSTAND?

I am not going to go back and look through my browser's history just to find a web page I went to when it has NO BEARING to my intentions of said post.

Hopefully this will be the last time I have to repeat myself.
I didn't hear you, could you repeat yourself?

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 27, 2004, 10:11 AM

Heck what unnerved me was Troll was QUOTING one of the posts I made claiming I was making a point, and not saying said stats were accurate. AND HE STILL ASKS for sources!

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 27, 2004, 10:38 AM

If you found them on the web but refuse to post the source, then you might as well have made them up! Your point is that anyone can make up facts (or copy someone else's made-up facts) to support their point. E.g. The sky is falling down. Evidence - height of sky in January 2004 - 14km, height of sky in September 2004 - 11km.

Making real facts say what you want them to is a little more difficult.

Btw: Is your girlymen sig your way of saying gay men are going to vote liberal?

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 27, 2004, 10:43 AM

Originally posted by Troll:
If you found them on the web but refuse to post the source, then you might as well have made them up!

AND I AM TELLING YOU IT DOESN'T MATTER WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF MY POST!
I didn't make them up. But if I did, IT WOULDN'T MATTER.

Making real facts say what you want them to is a little more difficult.

I assure you, said facts weren't "made up"

Btw: Is your girlymen sig your way of saying gay men are going to vote liberal?
Yes Troll, that is exactly what it says.

You got anymore knee-jerking you want to do before the day is over?

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 27, 2004, 12:20 PM

AND I AM TELLING YOU IT DOESN'T MATTER WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF MY POST![/B]
Let me remind you of the CONTEXT OF YOUR POST. I said that the economy was not better under Bush than it was under Clinton. In THAT context, you posted anonymous information suggesting that the poverty rate under Bush for 2001-2002 was 9.40%. In the CONTEXT of your post, I posted Census Board information suggesting that the rate was actually 11.7% - 12.1%.

In the context of your post, it actually does matter whether that information you posted was true or not. It matters because unless you can defend your facts, the point stands that more people live in poverty under Bush than under Clinton.

Forum Links
Forum Rules