Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Ouch, that hurt

Ouch, that hurt
turtle777
Clinically Insane
May 22, 2010, 08:51 AM

-t

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
May 22, 2010, 09:27 AM

indubitably

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
May 22, 2010, 09:55 AM

Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

ghporter
Administrator
May 22, 2010, 10:29 AM

That WILL leave a bruise. WTF is that coming out of the matador's mouth? It sure doesn't look like a mouth protector...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Eug
Clinically Insane
May 22, 2010, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
That WILL leave a bruise. WTF is that coming out of the matador's mouth? It sure doesn't look like a mouth protector...
The bull's horn. It's a remarkably effective tool.

ghporter
Administrator
May 22, 2010, 10:40 AM

OK, I'll go on record right now as saying "if I have to be gored by a bull's horn, I'd rather it go through my lower jaw than my "lower body" in any way, shape or form." On the other hand, I think I'll stay on the other side of that nice big fence and not make a bull angry in the first place.

This also illustrates something I'd like to emphasize: If you VOLUNTARILY poke at a bull who's already mad, you may get what you deserve.

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 22, 2010, 11:33 AM

Totally deserved it.

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 22, 2010, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Nope, not shopped.

Dude had to go through a 6 hour emergency operation.

-t

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
May 22, 2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
OK, I'll go on record right now as saying "if I have to be gored by a bull's horn, I'd rather it go through my lower jaw than my "lower body" in any way, shape or form." On the other hand, I think I'll stay on the other side of that nice big fence and not make a bull angry in the first place.

This also illustrates something I'd like to emphasize: If you VOLUNTARILY poke at a bull who's already mad, you may get what you deserve.
YouTube - Bull jumps out of ring during bullfight

This one’s a little more graphic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxFTYVI_IVU&NR=1

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
May 22, 2010, 01:49 PM

If you annoy a bull don't be surprised if you end up in the hospital.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
May 22, 2010, 08:26 PM

Men and their egos! Play with fire, get burned!

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
May 22, 2010, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Not shopped.

Spanish Matador Gored in Violent Bullfight - ABC News

Andy8
Mac Elite
May 22, 2010, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
If you stab a bull don't be surprised if you end up in the hospital.
Fixed.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 22, 2010, 10:18 PM

He deserved it, and so do those idiots that chase them in Pamplona.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
May 23, 2010, 03:42 AM

He asked for that.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2010, 05:49 AM

Those grade-A dumb-asses have reached a new low below the terrorists. **** Spain killing animals like that.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2010, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by angelmb View Post
Those grade-A dumb-asses have reached a new low below the terrorists. **** Spain killing animals like that.
The Frogs do it as well. I've been to one bullfight, it was sh1te.

I guess that I'm a hypocrite though : I have no problem eating fois gras, but I don't agree with bullfighting.

Good to see the bull win a round or two.

ghporter
Administrator
May 23, 2010, 10:43 AM

To quote an old joke, "But Señor, the bull does not always lose."

is not
Mac Enthusiast
May 24, 2010, 01:03 PM

Bullfighting is one of the most cruel forms of animal abuse. Every year, more than 250,000 bulls and cows are tortured and killed worldwide during bullfights and similar events.

Also during 'fiestas' ('village festivals'), tens of thousands of bulls and other animals are severely maltreated.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by is not View Post
Bullfighting is one of the most cruel forms of animal abuse. Every year, more than 250,000 bulls and cows are tortured and killed worldwide during bullfights and similar events.

Also during 'fiestas' ('village festivals'), tens of thousands of bulls and other animals are severely maltreated.
Nice post. See you on page 7 everybody.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
May 24, 2010, 05:18 PM

Reminds me of the ending on Hot Fuzz.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
May 25, 2010, 01:54 PM

Nice post. See you on page 7 everybody.
I am not sure I understand your reply. Honest. Are you aware of the mistreatment of animals bullfighting means?. Just asking.

Anyhow, I just stumbled upon this page about the Spanish Crisis… let the karma unwind itself.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
May 25, 2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by angelmb View Post
I am not sure I understand your reply. Honest. Are you aware of the mistreatment of animals bullfighting means?. Just asking.
I'm a farmboy originally who moved into the city. We had a pretty small farm and few animals, but I was well acquainted with people on other larger farms.

These farms had cattle, pigs, chickens and the like. Large farms, as I mentioned.

It does strike me, as an observer of what goes on in farms - not only with cattle - that complaining about bullfighting strikes me as... out of place.

As I understand it the bulls that fight live a good life upto the day they die. Or don't die as the case may be (sometimes the bull does win) - but to see the monstrous mistreatment of animals on farms, the abuse these animals live from birth to death just to make hamburgers...

What I'm saying is that claiming bullfighting to be animal abuse is relative. Yes it is abusive in the fight. No doubt. While your average slab of beef was abused every moment of its life.. that's ok? Because it's food and we need it cheap.

As I said, I'm an old farmboy. Animals die, we kill them all the time. For our profit, benefit or sometimes it's just work.

I am all for animal rights, but the bulls that fight are not the ones most hurt. That's a fact. So whatever qualms I have about bullfighting (I'm no fan) I set them well aside until factory-farming is history.

That's my take. My 2 cents. And I'm talking about the sentiment of other westerners, not the Spanish. As well you know there is also a nationalistic element in pro and contra bullfighting and that complicates things.

I just worry sometimes that people think that their hamburger was made with magic and melodies, when it's just the remains of an animal that suffered all its life and was then killed so it could be eaten for a euro or two. By a person who complains about animal rights in bullfighting perhaps.
( Last edited by voodoo; May 25, 2010 at 04:07 PM. )
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2010, 02:34 AM

That's my crappy blackberry.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
I'm a farmboy originally who moved into the city. We had a pretty small farm and few animals, but I was well acquainted with people on other larger farms.

These farms had cattle, pigs, chickens and the like. Large farms, as I mentioned.

It does strike me, as an observer of what goes on in farms - not only with cattle - that complaining about bullfighting strikes me as... out of place.

As I understand it the bulls that fight live a good life upto the day they die. Or don't die as the case may be (sometimes the bull does win) - but to see the monstrous mistreatment of animals on farms, the abuse these animals live from birth to death just to make hamburgers...

What I'm saying is that claiming bullfighting to be animal abuse is relative. Yes it is abusive in the fight. No doubt. While your average slab of beef was abused every moment of its life.. that's ok? Because it's food and we need it cheap.

As I said, I'm an old farmboy. Animals die, we kill them all the time. For our profit, benefit or sometimes it's just work.

I am all for animal rights, but the bulls that fight are not the ones most hurt. That's a fact. So whatever qualms I have about bullfighting (I'm no fan) I set them well aside until factory-farming is history.

That's my take. My 2 cents. And I'm talking about the sentiment of other westerners, not the Spanish. As well you know there is also a nationalistic element in pro and contra bullfighting and that complicates things.

I just worry sometimes that people think that their hamburger was made with magic and melodies, when it's just the remains of an animal that suffered all its life and was then killed so it could be eaten for a euro or two. By a person who complains about animal rights in bullfighting perhaps.
Excellent post.

Andy8
Mac Elite
May 26, 2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Excellent post.
Seconded.

Eug
Clinically Insane
May 26, 2010, 12:32 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules