Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > American Pride

American Pride (Page 2)
SwarmyCurve
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 27, 2003, 07:23 PM

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more it is just disturbing. I sure hope it was scarcastic!

-As an american I don't feel "closer to god", btw. I'm not exactly a big bible thumper.

Zimphire
Baninated
Mar 28, 2003, 12:29 PM

Originally posted by p.h..i...l....:
No need, he said what should be said.

// phil
No, no it didn't need to be said at all. This isn't the political part of the forum.

As swiz said, show some restraint.

Didn't like the looks of the DTP? That is one thing. Don't like it because it stands against your political beleifes? So what? No one wants to hear that crap in this forum.

Take it to the political forum.

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2003, 01:26 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
No, no it didn't need to be said at all. This isn't the political part of the forum.

As swiz said, show some restraint.

Didn't like the looks of the DTP? That is one thing. Don't like it because it stands against your political beleifes? So what? No one wants to hear that crap in this forum.

Take it to the political forum.

hmmmm....u keep making your own statements as u remind us this is not the place to do so.

it's hard to ignore the content of a post, or a dtp. if someone posted an image that offended u, i hope u'd be the first one to say something.

freedom of speech is for everyone!

still, i think this would sit better in the lounge.

either way, we are all entitled to our opinions, and the right to post our thoughts. (ie if u can do it so can i)

until of course the government takes that right away...
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

Zimphire
Baninated
Mar 28, 2003, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by fisherKing:
hmmmm....u keep making your own statements as u remind us this is not the place to do so.
Because people keep trying to make this into a poltical rant, and it's a GUI thread. Again this nonesense stops, I stop.

it's hard to ignore the content of a post, or a dtp. if someone posted an image that offended u, i hope u'd be the first one to say something.
Depends what forum it was. If it was in a GUI forum, I would indeed show restraint.

freedom of speech is for everyone!
BZZT MacNN doesn't have freedom of speech. They can and will lock topics down, tell you what you are and are not allowed to say, and will ban you if you don't comply.

still, i think this would sit better in the lounge.
No, this is better in the GUI forums. The comments would sit better in the politics forum. The thread isn't in the wrong place. The comments are.

either way, we are all entitled to our opinions, and the right to post our thoughts. (ie if u can do it so can i)
Unless it is of course against the rules of said forum.

until of course the government takes that right away...
MacNN is the Government here, and they have every right to do so.

Forum Links
Forum Rules