Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Max, your Aqua Extreme

Max, your Aqua Extreme
Jazzphone
Forum Regular
Apr 12, 2003, 12:53 PM

Can You make it so that the Brushed Metal is also Squared off instead of rounded when you have the square selected. Because the brush really seperates itself when you are using squared. Also, Would be great if you could make Sink In Lights (x - +) buttons like Brushed for the Pin Stripes for more intergration. Thanks

Hi I'm Mike
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2003, 01:18 PM

make it yourself?

bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
Apr 12, 2003, 04:05 PM

I'll consider implementing these changes. I'm not promissing anything though.

namannik
Senior User
Apr 12, 2003, 04:22 PM

Originally posted by Hi I'm Mike:
make it yourself?
Mike,

Why do you insist on being such an ass? This is not the first time i've seen a reply like this from you.

Hi I'm Mike
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2003, 04:25 PM

Originally posted by namannik:
Mike,

Why do you insist on being such an ass? This is not the first time i've seen a reply like this from you.
Well, because people come here and just request things time after time without taking the time out to asses the situation and see if they might be able to do it themselves. it would honestly only take about 10 minutes to do this. Maybe less. If you don't like the way I respond then don't read what I have to say.

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 12, 2003, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by bOOzo:
I'll consider implementing these changes. I'm not promissing anything though.
You should save your energy for something else

kovacs
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2003, 05:38 PM

Originally posted by Hi I'm Mike:
Well, because people come here and just request things time after time without taking the time out to asses the situation and see if they might be able to do it themselves. it would honestly only take about 10 minutes to do this. Maybe less. If you don't like the way I respond then don't read what I have to say.
I agree but that's no reason to insult people, I know and you know that's it takes a lot of work and time to make a decent theme, but of most of the people that request a theme don't know this... Besides most theme makers are very receptive for feedback, I give a lot of feedback and ask for small cosmetic changes in themes all the time, some things get implemented and some don't but I can only ask... Making a theme or even changing an excisting one is not simple, there is no decent manual for making themes, the apps for making themes are buggy and most of all the extras.rsrc is a big mess...

Hi I'm Mike
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2003, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by kovacs:
I agree but that's no reason to insult people, I know and you know that's it takes a lot of work and time to make a decent theme, but of most of the people that request a theme don't know this... Besides most theme makers are very receptive for feedback, I give a lot of feedback and ask for small cosmetic changes in themes all the time, some things get implemented and some don't but I can only ask... Making a theme or even changing an excisting one is not simple, there is no decent manual for making themes, the apps for making themes are buggy and most of all the extras.rsrc is a big mess...
all true, i'll tone down the dick

Jazzphone  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 12, 2003, 07:11 PM

Um, Ok, Why do you own a car when you can just make one yourself? Heh, Because its a lot easier for a car MAKER To make the Car. Dood, dont insult me, it just shows how low you can be and brings you to a new level for everyone else. All I asked was for a favor, he could decline the favor, thats fine, but there is nothing wrong with trying. And for you to knock my effort for trying to ask Max about his theme, when Im not suppose to be editing it in the first place (It is his work, his theme, etc...) then you can just step

On Another Note, Thank you for atleast thinking about the idea Max

smeger
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2003, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by Jazzphone:
Can You make it so that the Brushed Metal is also Squared off instead of rounded when you have the square selected. Because the brush really seperates itself when you are using squared. Also, Would be great if you could make Sink In Lights (x - +) buttons like Brushed for the Pin Stripes for more intergration. Thanks
Mr. Phone, if you'd like to try modding it yourself for your own use, this may be of some use.

I agree with everyone else in that it's way too tough to edit themes. All I can say is that I'm workin' on making it easier.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

I'mDaMac
Senior User
Apr 13, 2003, 02:04 AM

It actually isn't too hard to tweak themes to your liking. I actually made a version of aqua with sunken widgets for my personal use and if I can do it, believe me, anyone can.

Start poking around with ThemePark and you'll be surprised at how easily (if not time consuming) your requested changes can be made without bugging the original author (just don't distribute your hacked theme and you should be fine).

Also, after looking at all the resources required to make changes you'll gain a greater respect for what these theme makers do and think twice about requesting "small" changes.

Good luck!
Who'sDaMac?

I'mDaMac
Senior User
Apr 13, 2003, 02:07 AM

Originally posted by smeger:
Mr. Phone, if you'd like to try modding it yourself for your own use, this may be of some use.

I agree with everyone else in that it's way too tough to edit themes. All I can say is that I'm workin' on making it easier.
A guide or diagram of what resource numbers edit which resources would be a great help. Is there something like this published somewhere?
Who'sDaMac?

Hi I'm Mike
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2003, 02:23 AM

www.desktopper.net scroll down.

smeger
Mac Elite
Apr 13, 2003, 03:50 AM

Originally posted by I'mDaMac:
A guide or diagram of what resource numbers edit which resources would be a great help. Is there something like this published somewhere?
Check back in a few days for a screenshot of ThemePark 1.0 and then say out loud, "Saaay, I won't really need a guide or diagram of resource numbers."

I've been working on it for like 15 straight hours, so I'm in sort of a weird mood right now.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

I'mDaMac
Senior User
Apr 16, 2003, 04:02 PM

Check back in a few days for a screenshot of ThemePark 1.0 and then say out loud, "Saaay, I won't really need a guide or diagram of resource numbers."

I've been working on it for like 15 straight hours, so I'm in sort of a weird mood right now.
OK, now I'm intrigued. I'll be looking for that screenshot, sounds cool.
Who'sDaMac?

wagmedia
Forum Regular
Apr 16, 2003, 04:58 PM

Kickin! I've been waiting for the new ThemePark to design my next theme. My first one took me FOREVER. There are just way too many resources floating around.

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Apr 16, 2003, 06:06 PM

Say. Is this going to 'Auto Populate' the duplicate resources. If it is, then OSX theming is about to take a giant evolutionary step.

Discovering that you have to do everything 3 or 4 times is probably the number one thing that stops promising mockups from turning into real themes.

Forum Links
Forum Rules