Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Need help with getting DVD player to work!

Need help with getting DVD player to work!
whtgrower
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2003, 10:00 PM

I just installed a new pioneer DVR-105 drive in my 533/G4 desktop. Regular CD's play fine, I don't have iDVD3 yet, so I can't check that out yet. I put in a DVD movie, the disk mounts, but DVD player didn't launch. I did a search and could not find a DVD player for OSX installed (only one for OS9), so I went to Apple and downloaded DVD player update 3.something. I thought maybe since I did not have a DVD player installed when I installed OSX, it didn't install one. Now when I click on DVD player in dock, (with movie in drive) the icon bounces twice but app. does not load. What am I missing?? thanks,

TheMosco
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2003, 10:51 PM

i think the version you downloaded was for 10.1 and not 10.2

Dex13
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2003, 10:56 PM

Here, try the latest version of VLC(VideoLan Client)
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/5758

madsenj37
Mar 11, 2003, 11:09 PM

Since a dvd player was not present when you installed OS X, no dvd player program was installed. Here is what you need to do ... Go here http://www.charlessoft.com/ and dowload pacifist. Use pacifist to extract the dvd player application from you system disk. VLC as mentioned above should also work, but having options and choices is always best.
- Joel

Forum Links
Forum Rules